pc5 1078 to 1090 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 04:03 AM Thread Starter

pc5 1078 to 1090

Does anyone know if the pc5 on my 1078 will fit the 1090 are the plugs the same as mine,they do look different to my mates 1090.or does anyone know where to buy the connectors used on the 1090 so we can modify the 1078 pc5, as dyno jet have know idea when they will release one.there site says comming soon, what a joke,apparenty there email response was that they can not get a bike to test on.
cheers eddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 05:25 AM
Established Member

funny you should be putting this thread up now.my 1090rr is going to dynojet uk in the next week or so for them to use my bike a test bike for fitting the pc5.they have a few power commanders on there way from the states as im typing this.dynojet uk have a few people intrested in the pc for the 1090rr but so far have had problems getting the latest 1090's wireing sorted due to mv swapping the looms.im having a quickshifter fit at the same time.hopefully this will be all done in the next couple of weeks.i will keep you posted with the out come.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by r25sti View Post
funny you should be putting this thread up now.my 1090rr is going to dynojet uk in the next week or so for them to use my bike a test bike for fitting the pc5.they have a few power commanders on there way from the states as im typing this.dynojet uk have a few people intrested in the pc for the 1090rr but so far have had problems getting the latest 1090's wireing sorted due to mv swapping the looms.im having a quickshifter fit at the same time.hopefully this will be all done in the next couple of weeks.i will keep you posted with the out come.
Thankgod for that,keep us informed,as you need a pc5 on th 1090 if you start taking of the cat or any pipe mod,we have already put in the 1090 race ecu,just waiting for the pc5 ,then we will have it dyno tuned.
cheers eddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 01:18 AM

thanks mate let us know asap
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Established Member

still awaitng the call...i think the pc will arrive this tuesday.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
still awaitng the call...i think the pc will arrive this tuesday.
Hi r25 ,any news on the pc5 for the 1090,have you dropped your bike in yet.
cheers tony
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 02:15 AM

I think it's a given these days that any new bike as well as it might appear to run will run much better with either a microtec ecu or PCV, I have never fitted a PC of any discreption and NOT noticed the difference

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 07:08 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Brutale View Post
Hi r25 ,any news on the pc5 for the 1090,have you dropped your bike in yet.
cheers tony
still waiting,the bloke dealing with me has been off work the last 2 weeks and now xmas is here i doubt there be in a hurry to get my bike in.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Established Member

its going in on the 26th jan as there booked up untill then.they have a few kit power commanders to try on mine which includes secondary fuel modules and as for fully mapping they have said it shouldnt be a problem with there auto optimiser which will work on the newer mv's.im not 100% what this means as far as the results will be but they have said they will do before during and after maps to show all results....
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 09:30 AM
X81

Quote:
its going in on the 26th jan as there booked up untill then.they have a few kit power commanders to try on mine which includes secondary fuel modules and as for fully mapping they have said it shouldnt be a problem with there auto optimiser which will work on the newer mv's.im not 100% what this means as far as the results will be but they have said they will do before during and after maps to show all results....

Secondary fuel modules, i.e. a second power commander, won't be needed as the 1090 only has one set of injectors. The 2010/11 F4's have 2 sets.

The 990 and 1090 are new versions of the old electronics as such, the new F4's are new electronics entirely. Both types of bikes no longer run cam sensors though so maybe they will share enough similarities for them.

Auto optimiser is a lambda sensor constantly changing the map to suit. Useful for mapping the bike if you don't have a dyno and are doing this at home but otherwise of no use once a bike is mapped.

Have they said how they'll get round the 02 sensor yet?

Best of luck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode