6 months without my 1078 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

6 months without my 1078

long story short... My 2009 1078 has been away from me about 6 months this year. When I say away ... I mean at the dealer being diagnosed.. torn apart.... waiting on parts.. waiting on Italy.. I have had ongoing electrical issues with less than 3000 miles on her. I have been stranded 3 times and towed once. I will post more later but MV Agusta North America is avoiding all my phone calls and refuses to do anything for me. I am demanding my bike be purchased back or replaced. This is total BS !! I am proceeding with legal action and need to send a certified letter to MV in Italy. I love MV and stand behind the brand but I am fed up with the warranty dept and all the Execs at MV in the states. You have done nothing to tell me you care about the owners in the United States. If this was a Triumph or Ducati I would have a new bike sitting in my garage right now. Once again I apologize to all the faithful MV owners but my Brutale is a "lemon".. give me one that works Rob at MV North America... and I will be your biggest fan... do nothing an I will have attorneys in Florida, Minnesota, Kansas and Pennsylvania out to get me what I deserve... which is a new Brutale or my money back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 09:22 PM

New Site Garage
Exclamation

Sounds fair to me.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 09:53 PM

keep us informed,what a load of crap,mv agusta I am italian,and what you guys need is some direction,replace your board,get some people in there with balls who can make the correct decisions.6 months on a bike problem ,what a joke.Hope you get this sorted straight away.
regards eddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 10:03 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Sounds fair to me.
+1 yup....think you're being exceptionally patient !

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 09:39 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasyknuckle View Post
"If this was a Triumph or Ducati I would have a new bike sitting in my garage right now..."
I understand your frustration, but that part is not accurate.

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 10:42 AM

How To Proceed

That sucks. However, I am happy to hear you are still an MV faithful. This is what I recommend.

1) Read the Lemon Law and understand how it applies.
2) Document everything chronologically. This includes emails, phone calls and the names of anyone you spoke with.
3) Send all correspondences via certified mail and include a copy for your local dealer and US MV HQ.
4) Keep emotion out.
5) If the bike was still under the original manufacturer warranty, have it extended the exact amount of time the bike was not available to you.
6) Be clear in what you want.

Keep us in the loop.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 03:28 PM

The Lemon Law does not apply to motorcycles. I hate to tell you that, but it's true. I already talked to an attorney about a prior experience.

A motorcycle falls into the catagory of "recreational vehicle". BS if you ask me, but that's the way it's currently written.

Pretty sad when you think abouit it. A lot of these exotics are upwards of $20-30K and you're basically stuck with it if it's a lemon.

I'm sure MV USA knows this. And I'm sure they will fix your bike one day. It goes back to the ol' Italian saying "Finire Domani".

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hate to say the USA is MV's least worries, but when you only sell 150-200 bikes/year in a country with a population of 330 million, I guess you can kind of see it from their perspective.

I would personally try a different shop. Good luck.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 03:48 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Quote:
Originally Posted by greasyknuckle View Post
long story short... My 2009 1078 has been away from me about 6 months this year. When I say away ... I mean at the dealer being diagnosed.. torn apart.... waiting on parts.. waiting on Italy.. I have had ongoing electrical issues with less than 3000 miles on her. I have been stranded 3 times and towed once. I will post more later but MV Agusta North America is avoiding all my phone calls and refuses to do anything for me. I am demanding my bike be purchased back or replaced. This is total BS !! I am proceeding with legal action and need to send a certified letter to MV in Italy. I love MV and stand behind the brand but I am fed up with the warranty dept and all the Execs at MV in the states. You have done nothing to tell me you care about the owners in the United States. If this was a Triumph or Ducati I would have a new bike sitting in my garage right now. Once again I apologize to all the faithful MV owners but my Brutale is a "lemon".. give me one that works Rob at MV North America... and I will be your biggest fan... do nothing an I will have attorneys in Florida, Minnesota, Kansas and Pennsylvania out to get me what I deserve... which is a new Brutale or my money back.
Pretty good rant. I feel your pain.

Maybe we can help you get the problems sorted out. Over the 6 month period, what has the dealer told you the problem was? Which parts have they replaced? Which parts are they waiting for Italy to send you?

When your bike left you stranded 3 times, what were the symptoms?

These bikes are pretty well built. It is unlikely many different things have gone wrong at different times.

Which dealer is the bike at?

If this has all been discussed in other threads, forgive me. Maybe you could sum it up here so we don't have to go searching.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 11:00 AM

Lemon Law

I did a little research on the Lemon Law and found the following:

"Consumers everywhere are protected by the Federal Lemon Law which applies to all consumer products, including automoblile, trucks, motorcycles, RVs, boats, and all other ordinary consumer products including computers and household appliances."

However, this depends on which state you live in. Time to do some research on your end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resom View Post
The Lemon Law does not apply to motorcycles. I hate to tell you that, but it's true. I already talked to an attorney about a prior experience.

A motorcycle falls into the catagory of "recreational vehicle". BS if you ask me, but that's the way it's currently written.

Pretty sad when you think abouit it. A lot of these exotics are upwards of $20-30K and you're basically stuck with it if it's a lemon.

I'm sure MV USA knows this. And I'm sure they will fix your bike one day. It goes back to the ol' Italian saying "Finire Domani".

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hate to say the USA is MV's least worries, but when you only sell 150-200 bikes/year in a country with a population of 330 million, I guess you can kind of see it from their perspective.

I would personally try a different shop. Good luck.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the sympathy and advice my friends… I think I may have been a few beers in when I wrote this but I believe my true feelings were expressed. You are correct about the lemon laws on motorcycles… trust me I have become an expert! There are laws that still protect consumers such as The Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act (P.L. 93-637). (thanks to my attorney friends in Minnesota) Thanks for the points LiquidWhy.. I will follow this up. It’s amazing we don’t have a Lemon Law in Florida because we have one for everything else!! LOL!
Euro Cycles Tampa Bay currently has my bike and is doing their best to get it going again. I have nothing bad to say about these fellas… They have been in my corner and are trouble-shooting things the best they know how. They are doing far more for my mental health than MV North America who is probably in communication with them but not me.
As far as my issues, they’re all stemming from electrical. My list grows- Fuses were blowing… SPU replaced.. battery replaced (twice) and now another SPU I think and still not running correctly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode