Stock Exhaust Can modification - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
rfe
Established Member

Question Stock Exhaust Can modification

HAs anybody cut open the stock Brutale cans and made modifications for more flow and a better exhaust note?
THX
B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 05:16 PM

New Site Garage
Not sure how you can do that without it looking really messy afterwards. Good luck though.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 10:31 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
modding pipes!

hey Donsy;
exactly what i'm going to do.....you just bandsaw through the weld. i just don't know which end of the core is welded to an end, i'm assuming the rear
all my pipes have the legal stamps on them......some of the 'for offroad use only' ones got welded over and buffed out

then its a larger perforated tube and a 'little packing'

yes, Ed, when splitting lanes (filtering) it's legal here.......and when some yuppie twat is flap jawing on the phone or texting both illegal,
we blip our throttles and they usually move they are brain dead, if they hear a noise that disturbs their conversation they actually realize(some of the time) that there is another vehicle on the road

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl

Last edited by theknurl; 12-01-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfe View Post
HAs anybody cut open the stock Brutale cans and made modifications for more flow and a better exhaust note?
THX
B
I've often wondered if the cans could be shortened a few inches to accomplish this. I think it would be visually appealing as well. Reduced by the length of the mounting bracket on the top can, weld the bracket back on and weld them back to the pipes. Since they are joined on the back it should be easy to retain proper spacing between cans. The proper cut to match both pipes looks tricky though. Then there is the question of whether welds could be done well enough by hand to match the rest. Perhaps flow mods could be made with open ends rather than cutting the lenth of the cans.

MV Ultra Take the ride!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 01:54 AM

New Site Garage
Noel - I hear what your saying about the end of the Cans....but I'd be more inclined to cut at the front end. You can band/re-weld the front, but you're arse might look a bit ratty if the weld is crap and you can't band it.

Oh....and as a H-D rider....yeah man - loud pipes save lives. I often have a chuckle when doing my "Moses" routine when filtering. (especially when I get a conga-line of riders following in the wake ) ...its not the filtering that's the problem - it's the differential speed between you (filtering) and the cars

Cheers

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 05:10 AM

Well, I have a full stock system here in the US for cheap. Buy mine and cut/weld all u want and no risk to your own bike if it don't work. Would be a good winter project.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode