no show mv - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 03:14 AM Thread Starter

no show mv

Well,what can I say,travelled all the way to sydney for the moto show,and guess what ,not even 1 mv in the whole bloody place.Now there where crap loads of people there,the biggest city in australia,and benelli was on fire.Now you really have to read behind the lines what is going on here,what is mv agustas financial state,etc etc etc,I had a bloody good look around at the show,they were even selling shoe wax,these people had there spot,but it seems the importer had no interest in showing of the mv range .very bloody pissed off.

regards eddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 03:39 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to psycho16161
Spot on Eddy, thought they'd have a stand at the GP too, doesn't seem like they're trying to push the brand at all does it? What's goin' on MV Oz?????
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho16161 View Post
Spot on Eddy, thought they'd have a stand at the GP too, doesn't seem like they're trying to push the brand at all does it? What's goin' on MV Oz?????
TrooperLu's did mention in other threads that there will be no MVAgusta stand...(hopefully) they are spending that "no-show" money instead on better parts distribution, R&D, etc...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride safe and take care.

GETEC - Glenn
Vivere il sogno !
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Established Member

Again No Show

same thing here in CA. no show, that really sucks. i under stand where u are coming from. maks no sence. the dangle the string. are they closing down or what?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 01:24 PM

New Site Garage
Bizarre ....and that's in Ozzie's biggest metropolis / market ???

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 03:41 PM

Would love to be a fly on the wall to know the real story on this.
The advertising budget seems OK, judging by the magazine ads...and the test bikes fettled by Trooper Lu is getting the article count up too.

I would think that the issue is more supply related, if you can sell everything that is imported, why bother doing too much brand grandstanding at a m/c show?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhead1957 View Post
Would love to be a fly on the wall to know the real story on this.
The advertising budget seems OK, judging by the magazine ads...and the test bikes fettled by Trooper Lu is getting the article count up too.

I would think that the issue is more supply related, if you can sell everything that is imported, why bother doing too much brand grandstanding at a m/c show?
Yes,this is true,for the short term,but there will come a time where supply outstrips demand,No exscuse for not being there,harley sold them back the bloody company for 1 dollar,they had no debt.but it seems they are up to there old tricks again,I love this bike and hope it continues on.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 02:04 AM

yes edward i agree , i was also at the international event in Sydney . After a discussion with one of the representatives on hand , it seems that the issue is in the attitude either from the importer or mv head office . the attitude is we don`t care about these things , if you want an mv then by one if you don`t want one then don`t buy one .
This mindset is so arrogant and obsurd it is the perfect recipe for disarster . There is good reason why every other manufacturer was represented there , that is they know the importance of such an event with thousands of bikers and potential sales passing through . It is pretty simple , if you want to stay in business then you need to sell bikes , if you want to expand and grow the business then you need to sell MORE bikes .
As an existing customer i was extremely disappointed and emarressed at the lack of representation from MV AGUSTA .
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 03:28 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Rome wasn't Built.......

Yes it was disappointing, I don't know the full story only snippets & no use parading those here as undoubtedly we will put 2 & 2 together and come up with 7.589.

I do believe though that attendance without an F3 or B3 would have been a waste of time and money as they are the bikes attracting all the media & public interest at the moment as shown at EIMCA.

That's the reason I didn't go - I knew MV wouldn't be there, so I saw no point.

It's a difficult rebuilding job after the wreck that was inherited - things are moving in the right direction - I for one am happy to give MV Agusta Imports time.

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 03:36 AM

Agree, Agree... I even looked under the carpet to find an Mv Stand...not impressed at all!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode