New Used Bike - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Used Bike

I just picked up a 2010 Brutale RR w/ 190 miles on it. I'm really excited about the bike, although I haven't really open it up, it is easily the fastest bike I have owed (coming from a Ducati SR4s, KTM SuperDuke and older Honda CBRs). The bike did not come with a manual and I need to tighten the chain. I really don't want to take it to the dealer for this. I like to turn a wrench in my garage.

I also want to know about changing the the TC settings. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I plan on buying the manual and a few other goodies when I take it in for it's 'new bike' oil change (what milage is that recommended for).

The bike also has an aggressive cam installed and CF bit all over the place. The exhaust appears to be titanium, is that standard on these bikes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 06:46 PM

Chain adjustment is relatively easy provided you have the underseat toolkit. You need to loosen the two pinchbolts on the rear hub (bike on rear stand). The left side (looking from the rear) of the hub has geared teeth on it. There is a wrench that fits the teeth in the tool kit just spin it to adjust the chain. KEEP IN MIND!!!! it is noted on the swing arm exactly how loose the chain should be (sticker on the lower side) make sure you do not over tighten the chain (looser is better) as on this bike it is really easy to over tighten and damage your rear bearings. Second point - DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN the rear hub pinch bolts when you re-adjust them. Again read the sticker on the hub very carefully as this is another way to destroy the rear bearings.

Now that I have gotten the warnings out of the way don't worry too much. Most people do not have problems with the bearings just don't over tighten the chain or the pinch bolts (ever). It is advised that you check your bearings every 7,500 miles or so and re-grease them. Spin them to make sure there is no grinding and there are no visible metal shavings (mostly precautionary but this is pretty much the biggest issue people have with these bikes so its a good idea to be familiar with it)
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Awesome directions, thanks for the quick response. It sounds like a pretty straight forward job.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 06:54 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up Hi!

Fubar75207;
welcome aboard the Forum......sounds like you scored

most manuals are available here;
http://my.agusta.us/
sources for MV stuff;
http://www.mvagustauk.net/forum/show...urces-and-tips
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...t=10615&page=8

watch the torque on the rear hub pinch bolts use 'search' to find stuff or answers

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 08:29 PM

Like Slammp said, DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN. Be sure.

John
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 08:32 PM

New Site Garage
Wink Welcome Fubar

Welcome to the forum mate.
You mentioned 2010 RR, would that be a 1090RR, how come the owner did not supply you with all the gear the bikes come with, be good to know some of that stuff as far as the warranty on the bike goes.
As far as I am aware, I think there is a limited edition kit that comes with some "go faster" parts, not so sure about the cam's, if it is a Ti pipe it is not standard.
Get some pictures up there, it's policy .
Cheers

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Last edited by Donsy; 11-14-2011 at 08:35 PM.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I bought the (or traded actually) bike at a local used bike shop here, Southwest Superbikes. The owner there is an old friend of mine and he basically told me I had to buy it. It was a hell of a deal at $16,500 with 190 miles on it and all the add-ons. He had the invoice from the original selling dealer for $31k+ with all the aftermarket stuff. I am trying to get the rest of the owners package from the original shop.
Attached Images

post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 11:34 PM
Established Member

Damn Nice color
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 06:13 AM

Lovely looking bike you have there, seems like you got a good deal and welcome to the forum, you will already have seen what good advice and help you can get.

Stuck on a rock off the coast of France
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar75207 View Post
I bought the (or traded actually) bike at a local used bike shop here, Southwest Superbikes. The owner there is an old friend of mine and he basically told me I had to buy it. It was a hell of a deal at $16,500 with 190 miles on it and all the add-ons. He had the invoice from the original selling dealer for $31k+ with all the aftermarket stuff. I am trying to get the rest of the owners package from the original shop.

LOVE IT ! GRRRRRREAT TASTE !!!

(you're in the USofA ? - by the looks of your colour scheme)

Thanks for the pics - as I was finding it difficult to visualise carbon fibre front guard, air box, dash, etc....

(can I trouble you to post some more pics please?!? )

Ride safe and take care.

GETEC - Glenn
Vivere il sogno !

Last edited by getec; 11-15-2011 at 06:42 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode