Buying a Brutale 750 or 910?? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Buying a Brutale 750 or 910??

Hi:
So finally I am ready to buy a Bike. My first bike! Why not a Brutrale. So here are the questions for you experts.
1. How improved is the 910 over the 750 other than extra HP? I can a get a 750 for quite a bit less than the new 910.
2. How reliable are these bikes?
3. Would you recommend it as a first bike?

Thank you.................Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 05:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
I'll keep posting this till people understand the difference....it's a post I made in all the 750 vs. 910 threads...

-------------

I think the thing that sums it up the most was back when the 910 was debuted, and the reviews were given....

This quote sums it up the best:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcyclist Online
In the end, choosing between this and the Brutale 750 is harder than expected. I’d assumed all that extra midrange muscle would make the bigger bike demonstrably better. If that’s what you like, it is. The 910 is easier to ride and slightly faster, but it’s also lost the smoothness and barking-mad bluster that make the 750 so much fun. Although most people will probably opt for the $14,500 910 when it arrives in America this fall, I’m not convinced. Bigger, in this case, isn’t necessarily better.
There you have it. Mind blustering 2-stoke style fun, or literbike torqueyness. I've driven many a literbikes, and ABSOLUTELY LOVE TQ, and coming from a liter twin, TQ is something I'm missing. BUT, I love the scream and fun this bike has up top. I'm kinda wondering what they mean by lacking mid range, as midrange is aroundthe 6K mark, and that's where I have the most fun cause that's where the power starts kicking in...unless thier idea of midrange is 3-4K...but then what's considered bottom end?

All in all, you can't go wrong. Remember "Bigger, in this case, isn’t necessarily better."....

----------

That said, as a 1st bike, any MV is a horrible choice. You're GOING TO drop it...and what an expensive drop it can be being an unexperianced rider....

Also, the finer things won't be appreciated...it'll be like tasting really expensive wine as your first experiance tasting wine....you won't know WTF is so good about it...

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 05:56 PM

I'd echo what was posted above especially the part about starting on something cheaper and easier to fix.

But most importantly...

START OUT ON SOMETHING THAT'S EASIER TO LEARN ON AND THAT WON'T KILL YOU IF YOU MAKE A LITTLE MISTAKE.

Which you will.

These things make over 100hp and weigh only a little more than the fat guy in math class.

Find a dirt bike or a used Suzuki SV 650 or if you must have Italian, a used small-displacement Ducati Monster. All of which are good bikes to learn on.

TAKE IT SLOW. It will pay off in the long run and you'll actually learn more quickly and more thoroughly on a smaller bike. Many of the guys who start on big bikes NEVER learn good skills. Shit just happens too fast to figure out what's going on and WHY. Then they get hurt, bang up the bike too much and then get scared and never ride again. Or they get lucky and just become shitty riders. So you can learn slowly - the right way - and ride a long time, or you can get all your riding over with in a hurry.

Your call.

Harley-Davidson: Seen one, heard 'em all...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 06:08 PM

No, you should not by a Brutale or anything similar for your first bike. No.
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 06:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmvee
TAKE IT SLOW. It will pay off in the long run and you'll actually learn more quickly and more thoroughly on a smaller bike. Many of the guys who start on big bikes NEVER learn good skills. Shit just happens too fast to figure out what's going on and WHY. Then they get hurt, bang up the bike too much and then get scared and never ride again. Or they get lucky and just become shitty riders. So you can learn slowly - the right way - and ride a long time, or you can get all your riding over with in a hurry.

Your call.
That's awesome....did you just make that up??? That's a good quote to give to newbies....

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 06:17 PM

BTW, welcome to the forum gecko, I hope someday you can and will have an MV, i just hope for your sake it's not today.

Also, if I seem harsh it's because a new rider on such a powerful bike doesn't just endanger the bike, or only the rider. It puts innocent lives and other people's property at risk. You don't hand a 16 year old the keys to a Ferrari and tell him to go learn to drive. It's not about maturity it's about experience, and you just don't have any.
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 07:41 PM

Go learn on a dirt bike. Then graduate to a small street bike. Then one day you will by a powerfull italian motorcycle and feel what we all feel. Do it that way.
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 01:54 AM
Established Member

Gecko.....everybody here has your best interests at heart so all advice should be taken and weighed, that said i would like to offer you my view.......

I have just purchsed my first MV 910 and have not even ridden one yet, it has also been 2 years since i have ridden consistently.

First off you need to take your MSF course!!!
My first bike was a v-twin liter bike, i rode that bike for 4 years...I miss that bike..
My instructor told me one thing i took to heart,,,buy the bike you want!!!!! but take the TIME to learn the motorcycle SLOWLY.......this takes patience, self control and using the BIG BRAIN not the one that will get you killed. Over time you will learn to be more comfortable and become faster and truly enjoy what your bike has to offer.

I also agree with everybody else here an MV is a BIG!!!!! investment and should you drop it, not only will you hurt so will your wallet.

Remember no matter what you decide to buy, be it Honda 125 or Brutale 910
STUPIDITY HURTS......So ride safe, keep it tank side up and NEVER stop smiling cause this shits addictive

Good luck
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 02:25 AM

Send a message via MSN to allias86 Send a message via Yahoo to allias86 Send a message via Skype™ to allias86
dear gecho

as a begginer like you i had the chance to ride a mv agusta brutale s.i never intended on buiyng that 2 wheeled monster but oportunity knocked and i answered.it is absolutely scary for a begginer .it is fierce.i would recomend you buy a small cilinder japanese or a ducati monster.something light and that you won t get heartbroken and broke if you drop it.i also tested a ducati 695..but the low end torque wasn t to my liking.then i tested a honda hornet 600.after testing the mv agusta i was a bit scared out of my wits because on paper the hornet also looks like a mean machine.but after giving it a good thrash around the city i found it to be a very liveable bike with a very manageable power range.it fit me like a glove.i hate those 2 stroke bike like aprilia rs 125 so i think a second hand hornet is the bike for me.
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 02:45 AM

i bought a brutale as my first street bike, i have not dropped it yet and i appreciate its greatness more and more every day. i know i do not have 1/10th of the capability of this bike and i will admit i am scared of its capability. if you are responsible you will love this bike, of not it will probably kill you. that said, the brutale is a great bike if your alternatives are set on ultra high performance jap bikes then i don't see the problem with the brutale as a starter. just make sure you keep it insured or have a lot of dough to fix it when you drop it. and also make sure your investment in quality riding gear is up to par with your investment in this bike.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode