1090RR fueling issue - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

1090RR fueling issue

Hello folks,

I am a brand new owner of a brand new 2011 1090RR. So far only 350 miles on the dial.

The bike is an absolute blast to ride but in the last couple of days I noticed a strange fueling issue - the bike started idling very choppy and unstable - the RPMs at idle aren't steady, they change constantly between 900 and 1100. The engine also shut off occasionally (at lower rpm in motion when I grab the clutch and release the throttle). Another thing - the choke dial doesn't seem to work at all. Yesterday the bike won't start even with choke closed. I had a slightly twist the throttle to get the engine started but as soon as I released the throttle, the engine shut off.

Does this sound like a problem with the catalyst or the Lambda sensor...or some other fueling issue? Any ideas?

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Established Member

not sure about the choke thing but could it be a poor fuel issue with the idling.actually is it a choke or just fast idle?....im new to mv's so hopefully someone will know the answers.lol
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks r25sti...Yes, the choke is actually fast idle but regardless - it doesn't seem to change anything when I turn it clockwise or back. I will take the bike to the local dealer and have them take look as well. The choppy idle and the occasional engine shut off really bother me...I hope you're right and I just had a bad luck with poor quality gasoline...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 01:39 PM

The cutting out when you pull the clutch in on a closed throttle has been traced to a faulty batch of ecu units on mine & a few other peoples on here which have been changed under warranty. My dealer told me that MV are aware of the problem.
Your other faults could be related to it as mine had the fluctuating idle speed problem too.

Andy
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywitz View Post
The cutting out when you pull the clutch in on a closed throttle has been traced to a faulty batch of ecu units on mine & a few other peoples on here which have been changed under warranty. My dealer told me that MV are aware of the problem.
Your other faults could be related to it as mine had the fluctuating idle speed problem too.

Andy
hello
is there anyway of knowing which bikes it is happening too.serial numbers etc?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 02:21 PM

Not that i know of. As soon as my dealer notified MV of the cutting out problem they sent a new ecu though. The problem would happen every time i slowed down & pulled the clutch in with the throttle closed & the engine on the overrun. It happened in town riding slowly & during fast riding out of town. Very dangerous in the wet as trying to bump start it would lock the wheel.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Established Member

Youll have to adjust the...

Quote:
Originally Posted by abazhle View Post
Hello folks,

I am a brand new owner of a brand new 2011 1090RR. So far only 350 miles on the dial.

The bike is an absolute blast to ride but in the last couple of days I noticed a strange fueling issue - the bike started idling very choppy and unstable - the RPMs at idle aren't steady, they change constantly between 900 and 1100. The engine also shut off occasionally (at lower rpm in motion when I grab the clutch and release the throttle). Another thing - the choke dial doesn't seem to work at all. Yesterday the bike won't start even with choke closed. I had a slightly twist the throttle to get the engine started but as soon as I released the throttle, the engine shut off.

Does this sound like a problem with the catalyst or the Lambda sensor...or some other fueling issue? Any ideas?

Thank you!
Throttle cable closest to you when you are sitting on the bike. You'll need to take up come free play, not all of it, in the throttle cables. All the "Choke" really does is hold open the buterflies a bit while the lever is turned.. Watch the throttle grip move when you activate the choke lever. You just need to remove some slop from the cables. I just adjusted mine today, now it works.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Hello Folks,

Thank you, for all replies. It turned out that the throttle cables of my bike had too much slack (so to speak). Therefore the butterflies were closing down completely...Also the fast idle lever needed adjustment. Anyway with all these issues taken care of, life is good again. And what a bike this 1090RR is !!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode