suspension setting - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to john.c.green@lineone.net
suspension setting

Have 980r Brutale r which the suspension is at the book settings.Im a large guy and i do moderatly fast road rideing but i find it at touch on the hard side.
Can anybody give me an idea where to start.

Gringo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Have 980r Brutale r which the suspension is at the book settings.Im a large guy and i do moderatly fast road rideing but i find it at touch on the hard side.
Can anybody give me an idea where to start.

Gringo
Hi John ,do your sag first,then compression and the rebound,cheers eddy
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 04:19 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to john.c.green@lineone.net
sorry eddy what is sag do you mean spring pre load.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 04:26 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Exclamation

Hi John

Send Alan (proddieracer) as PM and he might be able to give you some good advise on were or how to get your suspension set up here in the UK..

Here is a link that he previously posted : http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33794

Good luck
John

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
sorry eddy what is sag do you mean spring pre load.
very simple,get a mate,get a bubble level and a tape measure,ok put all your riding gear on,next put a bit of tape on the back of your bike as a line.just at the back off the passenger seat,now put the level on the tank keep the bike straight
and measure from the ground inline with the rear axle to the tape at the back off the bike vertically,now for example it might be 880mm,ok now sit on it keep the bike level, next to a wall so you can lean on it with one hand,full weight on the bike and get your mate to measure the same distance,it could be say 860mm,ok now you know your sag is 20mm ,this for road use is to stiff,it should be around 31mm to 35mm,so all you have to do is turn the spring nut anticlockwise to make the spring longer,take the measurements again until you get it to your prefered 31mm to 35mm or max 40mm.hope this helps.had a few to drink ,hope this helps ,otherwise goole it very simple stuff.scheers eddy
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 09:55 PM

New Site Garage
+10

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddypro View Post
very simple,get a mate,get a bubble level and a tape measure,ok put all your riding gear on,next put a bit of tape on the back of your bike as a line.just at the back off the passenger seat,now put the level on the tank keep the bike straight
and measure from the ground inline with the rear axle to the tape at the back off the bike vertically,now for example it might be 880mm,ok now sit on it keep the bike level, next to a wall so you can lean on it with one hand,full weight on the bike and get your mate to measure the same distance,it could be say 860mm,ok now you know your sag is 20mm ,this for road use is to stiff,it should be around 31mm to 35mm,so all you have to do is turn the spring nut anticlockwise to make the spring longer,take the measurements again until you get it to your prefered 31mm to 35mm or max 40mm.hope this helps.had a few to drink ,hope this helps ,otherwise goole it very simple stuff.scheers eddy
Another unique way of doing things Eddy, you are spot on with those rider sag numbers. Quite surpised you have not got yourself one of those MV ride height measuring brackets from Noel or CAG.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Another unique way of doing things Eddy, you are spot on with those rider sag numbers. Quite surpised you have not got yourself one of those MV ride height measuring brackets from Noel or CAG.
Hey Donsy,might find another use for the baseball bat,lol
cheers
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 05:01 AM

i can think of one .
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Brutale View Post
i can think of one .
Now ,thats not very nice,If I lived closer to you I would pay you a visit.and use my baseball bat on your head,my god some people are agressive.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Brutale View Post
i can think of one .
ok,did the sag on tonys bike the 1090 .it was set at 55mm at the rear ,we have reset this to 40mm ,and it handles much better on the corners,but he does feel the bumps more now.we also adjusted the high compression ratio to 2 + clicks from full minus.this gave a smoother ride.

cheers eddy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode