125 miles from home - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

125 miles from home

My Brutale let me down on sunday, I set off early and passed through rain at about 7:30 am, anyway at about lunch time, bluuugh everything dies. The fuse has blown on the brake lights, I replace it start up and get about a mile and it does it again. I do this 4 times and then call a recovery service out (AA). They turn up and spend 3 hours working on it. They tell me at the end they think its a faulty switch but the dealers have wired the immobilizer into the live for the rear light and not put a seperate fused live to it. This means that everytime the fuse blows, the power to the immobilizer is interupted and the the bike is immobilized. Any way another 7 hours later the recovery service gets me home.

On monday I ring the dealers, they were very aggressive with me on the phone, they tell me I should not have let the recovery company touch it as they are "butchers"(like I have much choice 125 miles from home). And when I bring it over they will look at it.

We shall see what happens, but I have to say I am not impressed, I have bought 3 new bikes from them in 5 years and my MV is 16 months old. I very much doubt I shall be buying another from them if they do not treat me better when I get there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 07:24 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Sorry to hear, sounds very frustrating.
Stick to your with the dealer.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 03:11 AM

As cookie says Wonder which dealer that is .... - not a great fan of Immobilisers myself - they tend to Immobilise and not always when you want them to
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 06:01 AM
Established Member

Uh, sorry to hear all this!!
Good luck with the repair and dealers.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 03:11 PM

what and where is the immobilizer? Mine died yesterday as well, won't re-start (2005 750S).
Died on highway suddenly while running at 70mph. 2 mile push of shame and long trailer ride. Still dead.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 04:03 PM
Established Member

Sorry to hear of your troubles and I'd love to know the dealers involved, as I'm in your neck of the woods, being on the east side of Manchester. PM if you'd be so kind.

If its the dealer I think it is, then I have a couple of other recommendations for you for future reference.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 05:10 PM

Awful response from your 'dealer'..hope you get the bike sorted...although this 'dealer' will likely say the recovery guys have created 'all sorts of problems' and make out now the problem is actually far worse as a result.
Bad experience from your dealer..tell me about. We don't have 'any' MV dealer over here at all now...the one who used to be over here 'left'...overnight! Having previously treated his 'customers' (myself included) 'shabbily'...not good when you pay so much.
Best of luck and hope you get the bike sorted properly.
Brian.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode