Dyno in Los Angeles - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Dyno in Los Angeles

I finally have the time to get my PCIII mapped on a dyno, but have not been able to find a place that I trust in the area. Does anyone have any recommendations? I live in Santa Monica, but can have the bike shipped to a place in the area as needed. I want to get the map so that I can smooth out the throttle after my arrow midpipe installation. I also want to get it to post on here so that anyone else can at least try it. I have heard that not all dyno shops are created equal. Airfuel - do you know anyone out here that you trust?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 11:39 PM

Whats it like after the midpipe.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 11:58 PM

you shd come down to OC and maybe you could ride mine. I have a mid pipe but no PC/remap. Spectrum Ducati in Irvine has a dyno and their parts guy Rob has a Brutale he trusts them with
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 12:10 AM

Thats great to know im in Northridge close enough. Whats Rob the parts guy have done to his bike.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

Love the sound with the midpipe, but still have the twitchy throttle problem that I think only a dyno remap can fix. Thanks for the tip on Spectrum, i will give it a shot!
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 01:43 AM

I haven't used them, but lots of WSIR racers go to L&L Motorsports (http://www.landlmotorsports.com/). But then, L&L makes the effort to come out to the track WITH their dyno, so that might have something to do with it. That or you might go to Kelly Baker (also out at Willow Springs - in Tom Sera's old shop) or maybe Moomba Cyclesports (http://www.moombacyclesports.com/).

I really need to get off my butt and do the same thing, so please report your results and experience.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 04:21 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info - tried to call spectrum Ducati today - apparently doesn't exist any more. Will try both tomorrow. Will definitely let you know how it goes.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 09:18 PM

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 01:52 AM Thread Starter

You are right - sorry about that! 411 was not able to find them when I checked - they connected me to a former Ducati dealership that only had a bench dyno. Found Spectrum yesterday and had a call with them - they didn't make it sound like they did a lot of dyno-tuning, and so I decided to keep looking. I found R CAL racing in Huntington beach (http://www.rcalracing.com/dyno.htm ) and am considering sending the bike down there for a full map. They said that they spend a half day on the map and that it's one of their areas of specialty. Looks to cost around $285 for the map plus $90 for unlimited dyno runs. I think I'm going to go for it. Mika - any experience with these guys? They haven't done a Brutale before, but seem to know what they are doing.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 01:14 PM

nope I dunno them, but I'm not much into this kinda thing. Maybe Nevermore, or the craw may know. They track their bikes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode