Throttle Tamer - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Throttle Tamer

Anyone tried a throttle tamer to soften the snatch on their Brutale?

http://www.g2ergo.com/g2-tamer-throttle-tubes-720.html

K1300R
Diavel
Pushbike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billywhizzz View Post
Anyone tried a throttle tamer to soften the snatch on their Brutale?

http://www.g2ergo.com/g2-tamer-throttle-tubes-720.html
uhmm,well I just adjust the throttle cable,I turn my handle bars full right when sitting on it ,get a 10mm spanner to loosen the nut,then wind it anticlockwise until it starts to up the idle then wind it clockwise about to full turns ,tighten back up and presto perfect no lag when I need power. works for me or adjust to your liking.some prefer more slack on there cable ,but I do not. cheers eddy
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
BillWhizzz....I've considered one of those, but at the time they didn't have one for the MV (they were making them, though). Big in the off road scene where a twitchy throttle on a 450MX bike can sit you off in a hurry.
Should make a big difference for those MV owners with right wrists that are not calibrated to a high sensitivity level.

ProEddy....has nothing to do with cable slack....softer opening ramp on the cable pull. A progressive ramp that alters the ratio of throttle turn to throttle opening, so starts off like a 1/2 turn throttle but ends up like a 1/8 turn.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 07:04 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exponential_function

Or what Ed said.

B750 and B1078 RR both gone now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."~Mark Twain
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 08:01 PM

ok
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Established Member

throttle tamer

billy !!! yes i have one on my 2010 rr they help alittle, but the throttle still is not smooth. its like the fuel injection is off or on at low speed. it really sucks and drives me nuts. not a good set up for a novice rider. could cause a big problem fast. you have to on guard all the time at slow speed. dont know why they would put it out of the factory like that. the tamer is ok but it does not fix the problem buy a long way. hope that helps.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modobigdog View Post
billy !!! yes i have one on my 2010 rr they help alittle, but the throttle still is not smooth. its like the fuel injection is off or on at low speed. it really sucks and drives me nuts. not a good set up for a novice rider. could cause a big problem fast. you have to on guard all the time at slow speed. dont know why they would put it out of the factory like that. the tamer is ok but it does not fix the problem buy a long way. hope that helps.
rr
What the hell is going on with these 1090rr,you should have no problems at all with the 1090,my mates 1090 is perfect smooth down low,are these machines all tuned differently,he has no snatchy throttle at all,perfect control at low crawling speed and start and stop situations,better than his previous speed triple bike.Beats me what is going on ?.anythoughts.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 12:33 AM

I have a CBR600rr to ride when I need something tamer

If you love something set it free, if it comes back you've just high sided!
"Get on the fire engine!"

09 Brutale 1078RR

19 Ducati V4 Panigale
11 Kwak Ninja 1000
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 03:06 AM

from what i've read in previous posts a microtech ecu fixes this, and many other fueling issues. pricey, but you get what you pay for right?
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV05 EXY View Post
from what i've read in previous posts a microtech ecu fixes this, and many other fueling issues. pricey, but you get what you pay for right?
yes,maybe on the 910 and 1078,but no way would you need one on the 1090 standard setup.it is pretty bloody good.But in the next couple of weeks we will be putting in a race ecu,headers and midpipe,and leaving the standard cans.we have also ordered a pc5,because I reckon the air and fuel mixture will be all over the place.
cheers eddy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode