They Don't Make it Easy - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 503
They Don't Make it Easy

I just completed the first service on my Brutale 910R. I'm impressed, valves all within spec ($30 gasket though!), Throttle bodies all pulling within <1cm Hg from idle to 3,000 rpm, TPS set at 2.1, CO ~3.9. The access to vacuum ports along side the upper engine cases is a real bonus. It was mostly a lot of checking, little else.

Having said that, changing the oil filter was a real PITA. They don't make it easy.
Koop is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 08:48 PM
Pimp of posts
 
spalding12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Clearwater, FL USA
Posts: 6,301
Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koop
I just completed the first service on my Brutale 910R. I'm impressed, valves all within spec ($30 gasket though!), Throttle bodies all pulling within <1cm Hg from idle to 3,000 rpm, TPS set at 2.1, CO ~3.9. The access to vacuum ports along side the upper engine cases is a real bonus. It was mostly a lot of checking, little else.

Having said that, changing the oil filter was a real PITA. They don't make it easy.
glad things worked out so well
the Brutale seems to be one of the only bikes i know that must have its oil filter changed when COLD, because of the LOCATION of the filter



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
spalding12 is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 10:51 PM
Senior Member
 
drmasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greenwich
Posts: 1,503
Send a message via Skype™ to drmasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koop
I just completed the first service on my Brutale 910R. I'm impressed, valves all within spec ($30 gasket though!), Throttle bodies all pulling within <1cm Hg from idle to 3,000 rpm, TPS set at 2.1, CO ~3.9. The access to vacuum ports along side the upper engine cases is a real bonus. It was mostly a lot of checking, little else.

Having said that, changing the oil filter was a real PITA. They don't make it easy.
Is it true you have to remove the header to gain access to the filter?

06 F4CC
09 F4 1078RR
15 Multi 1200S
“Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”
― William Saroyan
drmasis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 04:55 AM
Pimp of posts
 
spalding12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Clearwater, FL USA
Posts: 6,301
Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmasis
Is it true you have to remove the header to gain access to the filter?
no...
but, you can't GO NEAR IT when the bike is HOT...
and all bikes will drain FAR QUICKER when their oil is hot and "thinner"
so...
the bike was must cold and it take a long time for all the oil to drain out...
but, NO header removal in necessary if you have the right tool



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
spalding12 is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 05:51 AM
Senior Member
 
drmasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greenwich
Posts: 1,503
Send a message via Skype™ to drmasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by spalding12
no...
but, you can't GO NEAR IT when the bike is HOT...
and all bikes will drain FAR QUICKER when their oil is hot and "thinner"
so...
the bike was must cold and it take a long time for all the oil to drain out...
but, NO header removal in necessary if you have the right tool
Great! Thanks for the info Greg.

06 F4CC
09 F4 1078RR
15 Multi 1200S
“Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”
― William Saroyan
drmasis is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 05:52 AM
Senior Member
 
drmasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greenwich
Posts: 1,503
Send a message via Skype™ to drmasis
Greg, shouldn't you be in REM sleep at this hour?

06 F4CC
09 F4 1078RR
15 Multi 1200S
“Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”
― William Saroyan
drmasis is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 07:37 AM
Senior Member
 
airfuel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,292
What's the problem?

Drain the oil while the bike is hot and in a little while the headers will have cooled enough to get to the filter. We're not talking hours here. If you want, direct a small fan at the headers and within ten minutes they'll cool.

I opted for the Ti system as they cool VERY fast!!!

John T
Certified Power Commander Tech.
Authorized Tuning Center/Dealer


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
airfuel is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by airfuel
What's the problem?

Drain the oil while the bike is hot and in a little while the headers will have cooled enough to get to the filter. We're not talking hours here. If you want, direct a small fan at the headers and within ten minutes they'll cool.

I opted for the Ti system as they cool VERY fast!!!
That's what I did - drain hot,run a fan, remove #3&4 header etc. I didn't say it was a problem, just a pain in the a**.
Koop is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 01:34 PM
Senior Member
 
fazer6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tempe, AZ, USA
Posts: 8,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koop
That's what I did - drain hot,run a fan, remove #3&4 header etc. I didn't say it was a problem, just a pain in the a**.
Yeah, I did the same, but still awkward.
fazer6 is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 10:45 AM
Senior Member
 
airfuel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,292
Strap wrench between the headers and no need to remove........

John T
Certified Power Commander Tech.
Authorized Tuning Center/Dealer


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
airfuel is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome