Been riding the 1078rr for almost a week now - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Been riding the 1078rr for almost a week now

I actually received my bike over a week ago but didn't really start riding it until I got the passenger pegs installed last Monday. My wife and I have put over 600 miles on it in the past 6 days. I have to say that I absolutely love the bike! The PO put a race ecu and arrow exhaust on it. The fueling feels perfect - very responsive and the exhaust sounds glorious (though I did install the DB killer). I need to adjust the rear suspension for the weight of 2 people and I'm thinking I may get a Corbin seat because this one isn't too comfortable for long rides.

I have had zero problems so far (tapping on wood) but I am thinking of reglueing the headlight glass. Plus, I probably need to check the rear bearings before long? Is there a thread on here that explains that task?

Anyway, I don't have anything exciting to report. It's difficult to explain why I like the bike so much and I feel silly using the extreme sounding adjectives. But it certainly is something special!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 11:29 AM

Congrats on you new found love.
I'm curious to know, is the throttle too snappy as I've heard or is the throttle interesting but manageable?

Spider
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPCSpider66 View Post
I'm curious to know, is the throttle too snappy as I've heard or is the throttle interesting but manageable?
Hmm. It feels like a powerful, torquey bike with instant throttle response. But it all feels like it is working as it should. I haven't ridden another bike for comparison but there's nothing that seems "too snappy" to me. The throttle response is much more urgent than my ZX-9R but that's definitely a good thing.

EDIT: On my 9, sometimes I will be creeping along in traffic and take my left hand off the bar to adjust my visor, turn up my intercom volume, etc. It's no problem on the 9 but I already see it's not a good idea on the Brutale. It would be easy to overdo and rocket myself into the car in front of me. The 9 is no problem to go on and off the throttle with one hand off the bars. Surely that's not what you mean, though?

Last edited by oldbutspry; 10-09-2011 at 11:45 AM. Reason: add more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 01:18 PM

Happy to hear a positive reply from you.
My thinking is that you'll be doing one handed adjustments in no time.

My cannonball has about 8K on it now (kit was installed at first service i.e. 700 miles) and though I tended to be more cautious early on, I now find the needed wrist control to be almost second nature.
On the other hand, the effortless ability to lift the front wheel at will or out accelerating the majority of vehicles you come across does have a certain sense of humble pride to it. (or at least knowing that power is on tap and choosing not to access it)

Best of everything to you two

Spider
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 08:01 PM

I got mine on Wednesday and can tell you that I know what you're feeling. My CBR600rr was zippy but this bike is in-fing-credible. The throttle response is fantastic. The guy I bought it from has tricked it out for the track with race ECU and exhaust that's mapped for speed, but I can't imagine that it made too much of a difference. I kept looking for the power band today but couldn't find one. It's all power all the time. I've only put about 400 miles on mine. I'm having the suspension set up for me tomorrow, as I'm pretty light and no passenger foot pegs. I can't imagine what it would do if I pinned it, and don't have the guts to find out (yet)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you love something set it free, if it comes back you've just high sided!
"Get on the fire engine!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

09 Brutale 1078RR

19 Ducati V4 Panigale
11 Kwak Ninja 1000
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 06:59 AM

Yep,this bike is addictive,I just keep on spending money on it,just ordered a nitron race rear shock and m4r matris steering damper,oh help me someone.Hey June love your bike,grand canyon,you lucky lady.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Established Member

I'm amazed the wife was able to last 600 miles on the back! My GF went for one ride on the Brutale and told me to take the passenger pegs off and throw them out. It was definitely the most uncomfortable 2-up ride either of us has ever experienced. Props to both of you on your endurance!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 06:55 PM

Hello PunyJuney,
I'm completely JEALOUS. I've been to CO a bunch but never with my bike. It must be outstanding.
Great views, great air, great twisties, etc.
Best of times to you with your Brute

Spider
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 08:56 PM

Hi, you're not alone. Even my friends in Colorado are jealous of my brute in the twisties. A friend of mine made a canyon map for us. With that you can plan your trip back
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...3b0c10ed&msa=0
Have you seen Steve Farson's book and videos on Rocky Mountain Rider? http://rmridervideo.com
My house is big and we have 5 bikes in the garage, although only one is an MV....I could set up a B,B&B (bike bed and breakfast) out here.

If you love something set it free, if it comes back you've just high sided!
"Get on the fire engine!"

09 Brutale 1078RR

19 Ducati V4 Panigale
11 Kwak Ninja 1000
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddypro View Post
Yep,this bike is addictive,I just keep on spending money on it,just ordered a nitron race rear shock and m4r matris steering damper,oh help me someone.Hey June love your bike,grand canyon,you lucky lady.
You need to buy my book, "Hands off of me, Mod Monkey!" Please buy a copy, I could use the proceeds towards the "gear indicator" upgrade : )

So Noneyet, named so because he had no MV Agusta in the garage when he joined the forum. Brutale 910 R has been sold, so now maybe he's "had one".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode