Another warranty claim with bike out of action yet again - how long this time??? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Another warranty claim with bike out of action yet again - how long this time???

<Rant>

The desire for a 4 spring has banjaxxed my 990R ... this is the spring that keeps tension on the gear selector and I am now awaiting an ETA for the fecking 4 quid part after the bike went in yesterday ... character is one thing but this is starting to piss me off, specially as I use the bike daily!! This is after a new ECU (4 months wait once problem acknowledged) to cure bad fuelling and engine cutting out under heavy braking, a new immobiliser/clocks after 4 months wait with the bike out of action in that period ....

... place your bets gentlemen, when will the spring turn up

I have also had a dodgey clutch sensor switch that stopped the engine from starting, have traced an annoying buzzing at certain engine speeds to a tiny screw falling out, and now my chainguard has popped its popper and got chewed up by my chain

To be fair it runs real nice now and is quality when all is well ha ha ..

</Rant>

2010 Brutale 990R

Last edited by BlackNinja; 10-04-2011 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Can't spell :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 03:39 PM
Established Member

I hope you can solve this problem ASAP. What is your mileage?

Brutale 990R Black '10
Yamaha TMax '11
Husqvarna WR250 '10
(Previous: Honda CR250R '03, Yamaha FZ1 '06, Yamaha R6 '07)

Last edited by celica; 10-05-2011 at 09:54 AM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 04:32 PM

Mate that's pants. I feel for you. I'm sure there is light at the end of this tunnel and you will have miles of trouble free riding. If it gives u any hope I've done 20,000 miles and have blown two sets of fork seals and that's all, and they were my fault anyway! Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 03:24 AM

I can feel your pain, its pretty upsetting..... hope it gets solved soon.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 06:56 PM

Hi All,
My cannonball has a similar symptom with the clutch sensor (waiting on the part), my timing chain tensioner rattle like a small box of m4 nuts (waiting on the part) and my fuel tank paint is spidering in a couple places (waiting on the tank). Acquired August of 2010, 8K miles on it. So all is warranty but I feel your pain.
Fantastic weather here right now and I'm fricken missin' it.

I'll post here once I'm ridin' again
Best of luck and a SHORT wait to you as well

Spider
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNinja View Post
<Rant>

The desire for a 4 spring has banjaxxed my 990R ... this is the spring that keeps tension on the gear selector and I am now awaiting an ETA for the fecking 4 quid part after the bike went in yesterday

</Rant>
If its any consolation the spring on my 1090 didn't long to arrive, even in holiday season and its a quick fix, is the clutch sensor you mentioned the one on the clutch lever?

Shaun

K1300R
Diavel
Pushbike
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPCSpider66 View Post
Hi All,
my timing chain tensioner rattle like a small box of m4 nuts (waiting on the part)
Spider
Oh dear something else to watch out for? Not heard of any other 1090's with this problem? Glad I also have a CB1300

K1300R
Diavel
Pushbike
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by billywhizzz View Post
If its any consolation the spring on my 1090 didn't long to arrive, even in holiday season and its a quick fix, is the clutch sensor you mentioned the one on the clutch lever?

Shaun
The issue is the clutch sensor connector by the clutch lever ... cleaned it out and a mate put some spray stuff on it which seems to have cured the problem. Next time it happens I'll bridge it for good!

2010 Brutale 990R
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Yiippeee ... got my 990R back yesterday. The gear shift is just sweet now and I realise it was never right in the first place. I always had to be 'positive' with my shifts and sometimes it would simply pop out of gear when on the gas hard after a shift ... I put that down to 'character'.

But now it is just perfect ... dealer said that a kit was supplied as well as a new different shaped spring. Looks (and now feels) like a design issue in the first place .. the bike just gets better, god knows how much it will improve over next summer

2010 Brutale 990R
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 04:26 PM
Established Member

Send a message via Yahoo to joanne
at least you got it sorted quick, they left mine two long saying nothing was wrong, and it took the whole engine out, 3 months of mucking about half the summer gone.

It's all very funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode