Feedback on the Brutale 990R - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to Dahulk
Feedback on the Brutale 990R

I own a 2011 F4 (Y10 Model) and considering another bike for daily commute as in Toronto we are lucky if we have 4 months of warm riding weather and would like to ride to work and be on two wheels more.

The F4 is a great bike but not a commuter bike the bikes I am considering are the BMWk1300R or a Brutale 990R . Would appreciate feedback on the Brutale 990R on the positives and negatives and if it is suitable for a daily commuter bike and the occasional long ride for a couple of days.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 05:07 AM
Established Member

Dahulk, I have a 990R for weekends...and a Scooter (Yamaha TMax) for going work all days...The Scooters, although uglies, are the best solution for traveling from home to work (I made 50miles all days)...This "bikes" are better air and rain protected and have space under the seat to keep your helmet or your bag. Moreover, you can forget using gears...just accelerate and brake...easy.

Anyway, the 990R is more confortable than a F4 and you can use it as a commuter bike as all the naked bikes. I think the BMW maybe so big for city traffic...

About the 990R:

Positives:
- MV bike
- Power
- Style
- Naked..so confortable

Negative:
- Heating...in traffic jams.
- "Brutale" stands for aggressive and not easy to handle in a city environment...always in comparison with a small bike like a scooter...

That's my impressions...I hope it can help you to decide.

PS: There is no bike for all the situations...

Brutale 990R Black '10
Yamaha TMax '11
Husqvarna WR250 '10
(Previous: Honda CR250R '03, Yamaha FZ1 '06, Yamaha R6 '07)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by celica View Post
Dahulk, I have a 990R for weekends...and a Scooter (Yamaha TMax) for going work all days...The Scooters, although uglies, are the best solution for traveling from home to work (I made 50miles all days)...This "bikes" are better air and rain protected and have space under the seat to keep your helmet or your bag. Moreover, you can forget using gears...just accelerate and brake...easy.

Anyway, the 990R is more confortable than a F4 and you can use it as a commuter bike as all the naked bikes. I think the BMW maybe so big for city traffic...

About the 990R:

Positives:
- MV bike
- Power
- Style
- Naked..so confortable

Negative:
- Heating...in traffic jams.
- "Brutale" stands for aggressive and not easy to handle in a city environment...always in comparison with a small bike like a scooter...

That's my impressions...I hope it can help you to decide.

PS: There is no bike for all the situations...

Thanks for the feedback agreed there is no perfect bike for every situation. I really like the brutale which I had as a loaner and was leaning towards purchasing one. Just wanted to get the feedback from the MV forum members. Any other comments appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 10:42 AM

How far is you commute each day ? as far as touring i have done about 400 miles in 1 day on my 990 with no issues.

Bikes in the Garage

MV Agusta Brutale RR1090
BMW K1600GT
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

50 miles both ways but in rush hr and sometimes on the weekend would like to do a two day trip

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode