Battery failure, check fuses - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Battery failure, check fuses

On my first session of my first ever track day my battery failed. Between sessions I would charge it only to have it fail about 15 minutes into my 20 minute sessions through the rest of the day.

It was never 100% as WOT would cause it to stumble and I needed to shift about 1000 RPMs earlier then I normally would. Eventually my gauges would fail and I would get some really nasty backfiring.

Anyway after charging the battery overnight and testing my alternator i took out for a ride today and sure as hell the battery failed again. I spent a lot of time theorizing ideas of what might be wrong or how much this was going to cost only to find out my charging system fuse was blown and there was a spare next to it. im dumb.

Anyway my point in posting this is so that if anyone else has this problem and finds this thread it might save them some time money and heart ache.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 10:23 PM
Established Member

Thanks for posting, can happen.....
I remember my main fuse blowing on a 750 honda about 30 secondes into a police chase. Dead right away. I was lucky that time and didn't get nailed! Ahhhh my misspent youth. "I spent most of my money on booze, bikes, cars and women, the rest I wasted"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode