Rear shock suggestion - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 05:45 AM Thread Starter

Rear shock suggestion

Ok, Iknow the ttx36 is the rolls royce of shocks,but could anyone suggest a much better rear shock than the standard one,and at a cheaper price,Your suggestions would be appreciated,basically for road use and hard cornering and especially for our crappy aussie roads.
cheers eddy
Eljono and Eljono like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 06:00 AM

New Site Garage
Post Hi Eddy

At about $1300 from the USA the Ohlins is the best value for money by a mile. But speak to the site sponsors for more options.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 07:30 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to psycho16161
Get the standard shock revalved & sprung mate, dunno who your local suspension guys are up there. Don't know what the 1078 shocks are like but I found some good settings on my 1090, I can push hard & she handles great. Maybe all you need is a good setup session.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 07:31 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
I've often wondered if Sachs is the shock to have in formula one, why are they held in such low esteem here? Surely some of what they know has trickled down. What about Penske? Why does no one in the Italian bike community use them? they seem to be popular on Race bikes.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 07:48 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho16161 View Post
Get the standard shock revalved & sprung mate, dunno who your local suspension guys are up there. Don't know what the 1078 shocks are like but I found some good settings on my 1090, I can push hard & she handles great. Maybe all you need is a good setup session.
Have you had your shock done ? And who did it for you ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
I've often wondered if Sachs is the shock to have in formula one, why are they held in such low esteem here? Surely some of what they know has trickled down. What about Penske? Why does no one in the Italian bike community use them? they seem to be popular on Race bikes.
I would love to know too Carl, Penske said they would do a shock for me at US$1900 but there is no service agent to have it looked after : ( . I Thinks Sachs supply MV at minimum required standards, and they are better than most others, but nobody want's to service them, at least over here that's the case.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho16161 View Post
Yep my mate has a 1090 much better suspesion than the 1078,I know I have taken his bike for a bash,its like chalk and cheese,the difference is huge.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Established Member

Quote:
My 2 cents on Penske is two thumbs up! My 2004 TUONO came with re valved forks, and a very fine Penske shock to replace the standard Sachs. Prior owner lived near enough to a great suspension resource in the Pacific N.W., and was able to justify the costs

Me, I'm just happy to be on the receiving end of his largesse. Bike is set up for my weight, and it rides like a you know what, dream.

So Noneyet, named so because he had no MV Agusta in the garage when he joined the forum. Brutale 910 R has been sold, so now maybe he's "had one".
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 11:57 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
I've met a fellow at the track named Peter Kates. He races and owns GMD computrack. I think it's a franchise. He would like to learn about the Sachs shocks and wants to see if a Penske can be built. I'm bringing him a box o' shocks next week to measure.

It looks to me like there are 8 different part numbers for the shachs shocks. Or perhaps 8 different spring numbers. This does not include the Shock on the Tamburini and the Senna. I'm going to bring him one of each to examine. We should get some very good information from him regarding the differences between the different units.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Al-

I picked up a wilbers 46mm rear shock from alwin on the forum. It is in another world compared to the factory setting, but I still have much more setup to do on it. I've actually been riding a lot less since installing it because I've found it hard to keep the speeds reasonable as a result.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 08:12 PM

New Site Garage
Thumbs up +10

Quote:
I've met a fellow at the track named Peter Kates. He races and owns GMD computrack. I think it's a franchise. He would like to learn about the Sachs shocks and wants to see if a Penske can be built. I'm bringing him a box o' shocks next week to measure.

It looks to me like there are 8 different part numbers for the shachs shocks. Or perhaps 8 different spring numbers. This does not include the Shock on the Tamburini and the Senna. I'm going to bring him one of each to examine. We should get some very good information from him regarding the differences between the different units.
Thanks Carl, would be great to see the outcome. So many guys re-commending stuff on here but have no idea what they are on about. At least with you we know it is someone who actually rides his bikes the way it should be done. Keep us posted please.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode