New 1078 owner in Sweden - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

New 1078 owner in Sweden

Hi, my name is Anders and new owner of a Brutale 1078 2009 since 6 weeks. Bought it in Manchester UK and rode it 1400 km including an 18 hour ferry trip to Denmark from Harwich. 500 km in pouring rain, but she didn´t miss a single beat Ms Brute.

I also have a Ducati Sportclassic 1000S 2007 in my garage, will keep it until next spring and see what happens then. The Brute is quite a different bike and is the new favourite. Italian bikes are addictive I think.

I just received a new headlight for use in right hand traffic, or to be more precise the front half including glass, reflector and black plastic front half of the headlight. I have the corresponding part of the UK headlamp for sale if any of you UK Brute owners need one. Seems they fall off a little bit too often. My UK headlight was very loose in the right side so it needs to be re-glued with some new adhesive. It´s been used for about 6000 miles and there are a few very small dents in the glass. Send me a mail if you are interested. I will also put it out in the used parts section (I assume there is one at the forum). £100 plus shipping. New part costed me 4400 SEK or £400 here in Sweden. It took quite some time to get since MV Agusta seem to have outsourced their spare part handling.

Anders

MV Agusta Brutale 1078
Ducati Sportclassic 1000S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 11:25 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
That's a hell of a journey just getting her home. You're off to a good start.
Welcome.

It ain't what you ride, it's the way you ride it.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 02:49 PM

Anders, I am impressed I thought I did good getting my 910R from the UK back to Jersey, but you sure beat that!

I am sure you will have a number of buyers interested in the headlight glass, since as you say, they are prone to falling out!

Enjoy your Brutale and the forum, welcome.

Dave

Stuck on a rock off the coast of France
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 03:46 PM

New Site Garage
Welcome to the forum Anders

Congratulations on a beautiful bike. A bike that definitely lives up to its name.

Where in Sweden are you from. It would be fun to see you in action at our redesigned course Rudskogen which is close to the border.

Greetings from Norway

Brutale 910R Hydrogen
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And White bullet
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 02:00 AM

Welcome Buddy, big trip
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 03:28 AM

New Site Garage
Wink +100

Welcome to the forum Anders, nice trip, good way to get to know your bike. Have fun mate.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 03:49 AM
Established Member

Thumbs up

Wow, nice ride and enjoy your Brutale.

Liesl
Loving the racing life ....

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 04:27 AM

Hey welcome Anders The best Brute as well
I am intrigued why you had to swap the headlight as I thought the headlight only dipped down and not to one side
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

Smile Thanks all for the welcome!

Thanks for your welcoming in the Brutale family!

The pick-up trip started in Manchester at Williams Motorcyles, a big BMW dealer, who had the 1078RR traded in. I could not find out what the previous owner bought, but probably the new 1000RR? The dealer was a real nice experience since it was a bit more complicated buying a used bike in another country and ride it home to Sweden. But full points to Williams for their excellent handling of everything.

Anyhow, the first part of the ride back home was really good. Going from Manchester to Sheffield over Snake Pass. At that time no rain either and very little traffic (strangely enough). A perfect way to get to know the new bike. Guess you UK guys nows the road.

910BrutaleHydrogenNorway - I live in Vasteras 100 km west of Stockholm. I think the Brutale works really well at the track due to its agile turning, power and brakes. I rode at swedish tracks 10-12 years ago peaking with 10 sunny days at Nordschleife at Nürburgring 1999. Those were the days, but maybe it´s time again?

Totale - the headlight has an asymetric lightbeam and in left hand traffic the low beam of the UK version beams higher at the left side to better light up pedestrians, animals and whatever can be at the road side. In Sweden we drive at the right side and a UK headlight will beam the oncoming traffic straight in the face. I must replace it with a headlight for right side driving to get it registered here in Sweden.

Cheers for now

MV Agusta Brutale 1078
Ducati Sportclassic 1000S
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 03:27 PM

Sounds like a cool way to get a new bike, I admire your dedication !.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode