Touring with the Brutale - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Cool Touring with the Brutale

Last week-end, I took the Brute for 3-day 866-miles of riding bliss in the Sierras. We did Sonora, Tioga, Ebbets and Carson passes and crowned the trip by going through Yosemite under a glorious sun.

My companions were riding pure touring bikes as well i.e. Streetfighters Needless to say we stood out amongst Harleys, Beemers and other KTMs.

1st videos here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGFFh-xDsN0 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBuwJkt968g

Here are some pix:
Attached Images

Last edited by pierre.poilane; 09-28-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Bag info (just in case anybody wants to know)

Tail bag is the Elite Seat Sak by Luggage Locker: super roomy and very stable. I had sneakers, jeans, t-shirts, thermal long sleeves, thermal under gloves and balaclava, fleece jacket, socks, underwear, rain shell, clear shield, toiletries. Perfect for three days.
Since I am paranoid, I added an under-tail strap to prevent the back of the seat to lift as I had incidents before when it did not lock in place.

Tank bag is the Engage from Twisted Throttle. It's pretty small but perfect for the rest of my crap: Go Pro and a million accessories, camera, iPhone, sunglasses, shield wipes, a handful of SD cards, hat, small GPS, bunch of chargers for all the aforementioned devices and a kickstand plate and it was not completely full.
Attached Images

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 10:23 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Dahulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre.poilane View Post
Tail bag is the Elite Seat Sak by Luggage Locker: super roomy and very stable. I had sneakers, jeans, t-shirts, thermal long sleeves, thermal under gloves and balaclava, fleece jacket, socks, underwear, rain shell, clear shield, toiletries. Perfect for three days.
Since I am paranoid, I added an under-tail strap to prevent the back of the seat to lift as I had incidents before when it did not lock in place.

Tank bag is the Engage from Twisted Throttle. It's pretty small but perfect for the rest of my crap: Go Pro and a million accessories, camera, iPhone, sunglasses, shield wipes, a handful of SD cards, hat, small GPS, bunch of chargers for all the aforementioned devices and a kickstand plate and it was not completely full.

Thanks for sharing was considering purchasing a second bike for day to day riding and the ocassionaly lonmg trip. I had a 1090rr loaner when my 2011 F4 was being serviced I love the brutale. Your trip and comments only strenghted the case for me to chose a brutale as another bike.

Ric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 10:58 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Great thread

How did your companions find the Duc SF on the long haul?

Did you swap bikes at any point?
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
Great thread

How did your companions find the Duc SF on the long haul?

Did you swap bikes at any point?
We didn't swap bikes but all three machines performed without a hitch and were a delight in the awesome combinations of super long and fast sweepers, miles and miles of twisties and super technical sections all in stunning surroundings.

Here's the map of our three-passes-in-a-day to give you an idea of what 277 miles of fun look like: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...a65f1702&msa=0

Good thing is that we all three had about the same autonomy and had to gas up at the same time and stretch our legs as riding position is not what I would call super comfy. We were pretty happy to reach our destination each day and settle in front of a couple cold beers.

That said, I was surprisingly fine after three days of riding and so were my buddies. This was my first long ride with the Brutale and a total blast. I can't wait to do it again.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 11:48 AM

I can only dream of such a trip what with living on an Island 9 miles by 5 miles

Closest we get to doing something similar is getting on a ferry across to France.

Thanks for sharing your trip though as it reminds me of what is out there to enjoy from a motorbike and wets the appetite to plan another trip myself.

Stuck on a rock off the coast of France
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 02:51 AM

very cool. Were the roads busy? thinking of a Motorhome trip next summer with the family, bring the Brutale for some get away time.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 08:11 AM
Established Member

That's awesome man! Gorgeous bikes all around

Is that a stock seat you're riding on? How did you survive 900 miles on that thing? I feel the aftereffects for a couple of days after a Sat morning ride. I can't imagine doing 3 days in a row.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 12:12 PM
Established Member

The pictures are awesome Pierre. When you guys planning the next one let me know. I'd be down to join you guys for the trip.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 09:16 PM
Established Member

Cool bikes. Nice pics!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode