Exhaust Link pipe - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Exhaust Link pipe

Hey guys and Girls,

I was just after a bit of feedback from those of you who have got rid of the cat in the exhaust and put a pipe through instead.

Main questions are;
Difference of the bike before and after

Fuel Consumption difference if any

Motor response if any difference

I have been reading through alot of the threads and I notice that a few people have said that the bike is vibrating a bit more since they de-catted it. I have a 750 Brute and I was thinking of doing it as it looks alot better.

Cheers

Tim

Also does anyone have a link pipe for sale?

Coxy.

Don't Judge me, I was born to be awesome, not perfect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 06:17 AM
Established Member

I bought my 2004 750 with the arrow link pipe already. My fuel consumption sucks, 20-22 mpgs though Ive read that it suppose to improve the milage a little so was the bike getting 18-20 before? I dont believe that so it seems more tuning would be in order. The cost of the pipe + tuning would probable take thousands of mile to off set any cost with fuel savings.

I cant really address any of the other issues as I did not own the bike pre cat delete.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 06:23 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoarch View Post
I bought my 2004 750 with the arrow link pipe already. My fuel consumption sucks, 20-22 mpgs though Ive read that it suppose to improve the milage a little so was the bike getting 18-20 before? I dont believe that so it seems more tuning would be in order. The cost of the pipe + tuning would probable take thousands of mile to off set any cost with fuel savings.

I cant really address any of the other issues as I did not own the bike pre cat delete.
Unfortunately I dont understand the whole mpg thing. But with my brute and a 19 ltr tank or what ever it is, riding along the highway I get about 200 odd km's....if im up it around the mountains maybe 130-150?

Im just curious as to the other things I mention, it does look a whole lot neater with just a link pipe but yeah.

Coxy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 09:05 AM
Established Member

I also bought my bike with the Arrow mid-pipe already installed, so I have nothing to compare it to. But even with no tune, my 910S mpg is not that bad - I'd say somewhere around 25-30. I get around 120-140mi out of a tank. If you're getting such crappy fuel econ. there may be other issues involved, like a really dirty air filter or something.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 09:53 AM
Established Member

the 750 is notorius for its bad milage, yes its worse then 910... bs right
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 09:59 AM

750 = crappy gas mileage. The link pipe makes a little more . . . . resonance? deeper growl down low in the rpm range, but it loses a tiny bit of the manic wail up at the top end, but not to much. Still worth it for the looks, as the intake noise is amazing.

Adding power makes you faster on the straights, while subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere - Colin Chapman

2004 Brutale 750S
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe07 View Post
750 = crappy gas mileage. The link pipe makes a little more . . . . resonance? deeper growl down low in the rpm range, but it loses a tiny bit of the manic wail up at the top end, but not to much. Still worth it for the looks, as the intake noise is amazing.
is it the same intake noise as with the cat or more pronounced?

Coxy.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 06:42 PM

Same I think

Adding power makes you faster on the straights, while subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere - Colin Chapman

2004 Brutale 750S
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 09:49 PM

Replaced my cat last month, noticed a increase in throttle response, run slightly cooler, low end growl is louder, high end squeal is gone ( loved that sound), might have a new vibration in mid range, mileage seems the same about 25mpg, love the cleaned up look.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mz3boy View Post
Replaced my cat last month, noticed a increase in throttle response, run slightly cooler, low end growl is louder, high end squeal is gone ( loved that sound), might have a new vibration in mid range, mileage seems the same about 25mpg, love the cleaned up look.
I seem to see a trend coming out, everyone is saying that you loose the high end wail....I do love that noise, its a very nice noise. Unless its going to improve it markedly I dont know if I will do this.

Where can you order one of these pipes from?

Coxy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode