front sus setup - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

front sus setup

Sorry for all the posts today guys (what happens when you go away for a while ) anyway, out riding today, before the coolant leak, and I still can't seem to get this bike setup the way I want it. It's not tipping in as fast as I think it should and it tends to run wide out of corners. I'm used to apilia's (tuono and rsv's), and although the tuono took a bit more effort to get it tipped in (but then dropped quickly), once there it would hold the line like a train. The brutale is just not living up to it's reputation which means it's either me or the setup. I noticed the forks are just peeping out of the top triple clamp and I usually pull them through a few rings on my other bikes, so may try this. Can't seem to find any info on this setup though. Are there lines on the top of the forks? Has anyone rraised them? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by brutale4me; 09-11-2011 at 03:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 05:02 AM

As you say try pushing the fork legs up through the top yoke so you have three rings showing when looking at the side. See how that goes. If still not quick enough for you, raise the read ride height a little.

Will try and post some pics and measurements later from my bike the settings which work for me. You may find the more angle you put in though the less stable the bike will feel at speed in a straight line.

Really is just a case of try and see what works for you though.

Dave

Stuck on a rock off the coast of France
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 05:10 AM

New Site Garage
Just drop the rings one at a time and test before going more. Add a bit of rebound in front to stop the running wide as you get on the gas, and look through the corner, not down onto the track.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 09:31 AM

One small change at a time. Note results. Change again. Note results.
Keep going until your happy, or one step past, and then back to where
You were happy
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 04:08 PM

For me I just put it ALL firm thanks to some advice from some friendly forum members. Huge difference. Now I can't believe how well it handles. Before that I wondered what was wrong with it. I have about 2.5 rings worth of tube through the top of the clamp.

Last edited by liberiatolo; 09-11-2011 at 04:10 PM. Reason: typo
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 06:38 PM

New Site Garage
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberiatolo View Post
For me I just put it ALL firm thanks to some advice from some friendly forum members. Huge difference. Now I can't believe how well it handles. Before that I wondered what was wrong with it. I have about 2.5 rings worth of tube through the top of the clamp.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 02:19 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

thanks guys, I'll definetly do the forks - and add a bit more rebound. See how that goes. Report back as soon as I can get the waterpump fixed (bloody frustrating!).
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutale4me View Post
thanks guys, I'll definetly do the forks - and add a bit more rebound. See how that goes. Report back as soon as I can get the waterpump fixed (bloody frustrating!).
Hi.John ,first thing you should do is your sag settings,then rear compression and rebound,then front compression and rebound.I have my settings somewhere,let me know if you need them my weight 74 kg.
cheers eddyps:do not put everything on hard especially for our crappy roads.

Last edited by eddypro; 09-14-2011 at 07:36 AM.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 01:21 PM

Hi eddypro, can you post your settings??? I send you a PM also.

Thanks...
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 02:47 PM

I know tyres are a personal thing but by far the best mod i ever did to my brutale was to fit a michelin power race tyre to the front end.
The effect it had on the steering & front end feel was fantastic. I had adjusted the suspension but was still not happy with how it steered & how it needed constant handlebar pressure to hold a line in corners & it also annoyed me how mid corner bumps would make it want to stand up & drift wide.
The michelin has a far more racy profile than the standard road rubber so it turns into corners far easier & seems to be of a softer construction, ie more give in the sidewalls.
It instantly transformed the bike & now it steers just like my cbr 600 ! It rolls into bends with virtually no bar pressure, just shifting my weight to the inside has it carving a line beautifully & the mid corner ripples on the road surface don't seem to effect it at all now.

Brilliant in my opinion :-)

Andy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode