Absolute final, should be made a sticky SPU (cdi) thread - Page 4 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 12:01 AM

New Site Garage
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankee View Post
where can you still purchase these?
Dealers and some of the forum sponsors.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 12:05 AM
APU

post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 09:36 AM
TOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.RP View Post
Hi Tob, amazing bike you have there, welcome to the family. I have the same bike and I think it's the most enjoyable bike I've owned, and looks amazing in the flesh too. I also had A LOT of electrical gremlins before I finally got a black SPU and no issue ever since. I did take the old SPU to an electronics repairer and his take is that it was 'badly' made, hence problems were intermittent and subject to temperature variation. He said he could redo all the traces and check all the components out but that by the time he's finished, it'd cost as much as a new SPU so I didn't try to repair it. Such as shame because there's really only ever one or two functions not working.
Thank you Paul! I love the bike, it was my dream since when I was a teeneager but these electronic issues are extremely frustrating. Now I will buy a new SPU but I hate the fact that it seems there is nothing you can do to avoid this problems. I have already a black one but it could die again after 1 day and it seems there is nothing I can do to change that.
BTW greeting also from "her" (see picture below).
Attached Images

Last edited by Donsy; 04-16-2017 at 04:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 10:52 AM
TOB

Iīm having the same issue on my Brutale 750s. VIN002524, the correct new SPU is installed (8A00A9615-V2). Sometimes the bike doesn't want to start at all, mostly of the time it starts but after reaching temperature I start to experience the shutter/stop issues. The SPU starts to cut power to injector / fuel pump / coil line and the bike turns off.
What should I do now? I buy a new SPU but thatīs doestnīt solve the issue! There is no guarantee that it will last more than some hours.
To be honest it is quite frustrating. Do you have any suggestion? has anybody solved the issue permanently? Are there different "black SPU"? Are you aware of design changes?
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 07:59 PM

Hi Tob, I have found through bad experience with the bike that it will be worth your time to clean all the contacts (including fuses, or just put in new fuses), and protect the contacts with grease (I use dielectric grease, but others here have their own take due to the insulating nature of the grease).

These are some of my experiences:
  • No power to bike when hot - bad battery connection. Clean up battery terminals and protect with dielectric grease - Fixed
  • Bike won't start intermittently - oxidated 40Amp fuse under the seat. New fuse and smear of dielectric grease on the housing (not the fuse) - Fixed
  • Headlight dims and brighten - bad fuse, and I think it caused damage to the SPU as well. Fixed for a time.
  • Indicators - oxidated contacts in the indicator itself. Clean and dielectric grease (now replaced with LEDs with Badlands load balancer). Works perfect now.

If you look at the pins on your old SPU, you might find oxidation on them (some of mine were). So when I replaced the SPU, I also smear a bit of dielectric grease on the face of the plug (not the pins). My bike has been perfect since these measures, though I expect that with the humidity of where I live, these maintenance types measures will have to be carried out regularly to keep the electrics working.

Who moved my cheese?

MY04 Brutale 750S
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Nig View Post
I have corresponded with Andre @ Star Twin asking about the infamous Brutale SPU. He tells me:
"According to the most recent info from MV Agusta, the 8A00A9300 (our reference 0003515) will now fit all Brutale 910,989 and 1078. The 8A00A9615 is only applicable for Brutale 750.
We sell 3 to 5 of these units per month and have no problems anymore."

"Yes, The 8A00A9300 should work, we have only good feedback on these new and improved SPUís."

Even though my Brute has a VIN lower than 100421.

This is supposedly a new and improved SPU for all 910's -
Is this correct???
I contacted MV directly and they advised the same as above. My chassis is lower than 100421 and they advised me that 8A00A9300 is the correct part. I'm even more confused now!
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 11:17 PM

Anyone try sending their unit to Carmo in the Netherlands for repair?

https://www.carmo.nl/index.php?main_...oducts_id=1031

-Benjamin-
2004 Brutale 750S
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-12-2018, 06:25 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezsi View Post
I contacted MV directly and they advised the same as above. My chassis is lower than 100421 and they advised me that 8A00A9300 is the correct part. I'm even more confused now!
The problem with using that 6 digit VIN is the missing digits that came before....the last 6 digits are the production sequence number but those same numbers could randomly appear in several years or models.

The 8th digit back tells the year. The first 8 digits of the VIN tells the model (among other info).

In the MV parts catalogs the last six digits are listed to designate production changes in the specific model the catalog represents. I would defer to Star Twins and MV for the information, not this thread.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode