Good Shipping Company? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Good Shipping Company?

So I bought a 1078 but now need to get it shipped from CA to GA. I had heard keyboardmotorcycleshipping.com recommended so I checked out their website. It looked great - the price wasn't bad and it looks like they take great care of the bikes they ship.

I made arrangements but they couldn't schedule me in until the following week. Ok, no problem. They also said it would take 3 to 4 weeks to ship. A long time but oh well. So I went for it.

They were supposed to pick up the bike this morning. Then they said they wouldn't make it till later in the day. And then they said they were running behind so they would have to skip some stops. So now no pickup until next week. I talked to the lady on the phone. She said the truck got stuck in traffic on the freeway for 4 hours. Sounds like something that you would expect in CA.

So I understand. They make money off their business customers and can't afford to delay those shipments for a little pickup like mine. Business-wise it makes sense. But it's still not so good for me. And looking at their website, they have broken the US into 4 regions and it appears that maybe that's why the shipping takes so long. A shipment like mine probably goes the length of the route in each region. Which makes me think that if a truck is full then my bike might sit waiting for the next week's truck.

I'm a pretty patient guy but I'm thinking maybe I need to check around for other options. My biggest concern is going with a shipper that isn't likely to damage the bike. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Big Randaddy

Talk to Dave (the castle). He just had a bike shipped from Colorado to Georgia, quicker than they promised, delivered in perfect condition.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randarosa View Post
Talk to Dave (the castle). He just had a bike shipped from Colorado to Georgia, quicker than they promised, delivered in perfect condition.
Thanks! Sent him a PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbutspry View Post
So I bought a 1078 but now need to get it shipped from CA to GA. I had heard keyboardmotorcycleshipping.com recommended so I checked out their website. It looked great - the price wasn't bad and it looks like they take great care of the bikes they ship.

I made arrangements but they couldn't schedule me in until the following week. Ok, no problem. They also said it would take 3 to 4 weeks to ship. A long time but oh well. So I went for it.

They were supposed to pick up the bike this morning. Then they said they wouldn't make it till later in the day. And then they said they were running behind so they would have to skip some stops. So now no pickup until next week. I talked to the lady on the phone. She said the truck got stuck in traffic on the freeway for 4 hours. Sounds like something that you would expect in CA.

So I understand. They make money off their business customers and can't afford to delay those shipments for a little pickup like mine. Business-wise it makes sense. But it's still not so good for me. And looking at their website, they have broken the US into 4 regions and it appears that maybe that's why the shipping takes so long. A shipment like mine probably goes the length of the route in each region. Which makes me think that if a truck is full then my bike might sit waiting for the next week's truck.

I'm a pretty patient guy but I'm thinking maybe I need to check around for other options. My biggest concern is going with a shipper that isn't likely to damage the bike. Any suggestions?
My 2 cents. Contact [email protected]. He connected me with a "wooden pallet" shipper, took my Brutale to NJ, from Boulder Co, in a week. Track your bike while it's in transit, they're pro's.

So Noneyet, named so because he had no MV Agusta in the garage when he joined the forum. Brutale 910 R has been sold, so now maybe he's "had one".
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 08:35 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
Replied to PM.
We used JC Motors.

It ain't what you ride, it's the way you ride it.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

I checked out the websites and am going with JC Motors. Shippingmasters looked good too.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Shipment is arranged with JC. Will let everyone know how it goes.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 09:38 PM
Established Member

shipping

flew to VAGES TO LOOK AT A bike and it was all scratched up from shipping . dont know did it but i did not buy the bike. the damage just added to all thr other things that were wrong with a soposed to be perfict bike. wast of time and money.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode