'07 910r headlight goes SMASH! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

'07 910r headlight goes SMASH!

I recently purchased an ex demo 2007 910r Brutale. It only had 200kms on it, and i got it at a good price so i was stoked. However, when braking hard the other day pre-speedhump, the bike shuddered a lot and the headlight lens popped out and smashed all over the road (much to the amusement of a group of youths standing next to said speedhump!) I contacted the local MV dealer near Sydney (Australia), and was told it will cost $880......for a piece of glass! I know you can expect to pay more for auto-exotica but this seems ridiculous. Anyone know where to source this part cheaper. Also, is this a common problem, and how do i ensure it doesn't happen again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 12:50 AM
Established Member

Send a message via Yahoo to joanne
i had a simular experience with my 910s, i was washing it and it fell off and smashed. not good.
There are quite a few threads on here about that, yes it is a problem. my dealership replaced mine under warranty it's probably worth trying that route as they do know about it.
yes they are mega bucks over in the u.k they wanted 565.00 plus labour to fit it .
good luck with that one mate,

It's all very funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newy910r View Post
I recently purchased an ex demo 2007 910r Brutale. It only had 200kms on it, and i got it at a good price so i was stoked. However, when braking hard the other day pre-speedhump, the bike shuddered a lot and the headlight lens popped out and smashed all over the road (much to the amusement of a group of youths standing next to said speedhump!) I contacted the local MV dealer near Sydney (Australia), and was told it will cost $880......for a piece of glass! I know you can expect to pay more for auto-exotica but this seems ridiculous. Anyone know where to source this part cheaper. Also, is this a common problem, and how do i ensure it doesn't happen again?
This is known design defect. Contact your dealer and put in a claim even if iti s out of warranty period. It is simply not fit for purpose...This happened to my friends Brutale.

You could fit a round headlight to it so that you can continue to ride whillst the issue is resolved for you.

joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 04:00 AM

New Site Garage
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by newy910r View Post
Hi Mate, welcome to the forum. Sorry about the bad luck. Send a PM to this guy http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/member.php?u=3135 , he deals in secondhand gear, top fella, and then silicone the next one in.

BTWm there is a dealer in EU selling complete units now for about $900AU, alexthenext, search it.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 04:16 AM

hey why nor fit a 2010 1090 front light on ,they look great,wonder if it would fit,might steal my mates one.just a thought might look good ?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 04:16 AM

hey why nor fit a 2010 1090 front light on ,they look great,wonder if it would fit,might steal my mates one.just a thought might look good ?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 07:44 PM

Happened to mine to, is a warranty fix even if bike is out of warranty, won't cost a dime. Inner mirror gets replaced to, ride without the lens till they get the part, Avoid gravel roads. It'll be fine.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 04:19 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Thanks everyone for the advice. I have continued riding it, just avoiding rain and gravel. I will try to get it gratis through the dealer, but failing that i will try the link from Donsy. Cheers, Murray.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 08:20 PM

Don't waste all that money buying such an expensive part. Here's the answer to your problem:

http://tinyurl.com/445mbm7

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Established Member

Send a message via Yahoo to joanne
Excellent !!!
:smok ing:

It's all very funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode