Eprom, Power commander or not. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Eprom, Power commander or not.

Hi Every one. Has anyone changed the midpipe and changed the Eprom or to a power commander and did they help the mid pipe or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 11:22 PM

For awhile, I didn't do anything after installing a 2-into-2 straight-through midpipe and it ran pretty good but still not easy at low rpm. Now I've got the BMC air filter in there, and it's rough especially at 5-6k rpm. Now with the addition of a pciii and a map my friend loaded it's great, pulls like a bull on crack and smoother low down, but still a touch of gargle at 5-6k. Next step is to get on the dyno. Will do that in a couple of weeks.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

Where did your friend get the map for the bike . and who has a dyno that also knows MV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

where did your friend get the map for the power commander. And who has a dyno who knows MV'S Also i am new to this sight so excuse me everyone if im not doing this right i will get the hang of it
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Fighter
Where did your friend get the map for the bike . and who has a dyno that also knows MV
Evidently a shop dynoed a Brutale in Kuala Lumpur, with BMC and midpipe (I'm not sure which brand of pipe) so it's only a temporary thing until I get my bike on the dyno here in Singapore. They don't have experience with Brutale here, only on an F4, but someone's got to go first I suppose. I heard a shop here blew up the boss' F4 on their dyno. You can understand why I'm not running to dyno this minute. Sorry I don't have a windows laptop to get the map off the pciii.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 07:49 AM

Quote:
We know of one dyno shop on the east coast of the USA. Is that near you? If not give us a clue. btw welcome to the forum.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Thanks i live in calif. I also try to stay away from Dynos. They like to rev the piss out of your motor. Can anybody explane mapping.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 11:28 AM

No disrespect, but sportbikes are made to hit redline and take it. If your bike can't handle being rev'ed to the max something is wrong with it. Just make sure the motor is up to normal operating temperature before hitting it hard.

Bike History:
'88 Ninja 250 > '92 GSXR-600 > '01 YZF-R1 > '06 Brutale + '07 Customized VTX-1300
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Thanks i live in calif. I also try to stay away from Dynos. They like to rev the piss out of your motor. Can anybody explane mapping.
Haha...reminds me of the old days when we were building high performance Chevy's...call to customer - "good news, we hit XXX horsepower on the dyno, bad news - send more money because it blew up!"

See mapping reply on other thread.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 11:35 AM
Established Member

Hi - I put on a midpipe and BMC filter on my 04 750 Brutale, and initially ran a PCIII with the Ferraci Map. It ran pretty good, solved the hiccup off idle, the anoying stalls at the traffic light, but didn't help the fuel mileage - 80miles consistant to reserve.

I picked up a MVB02 eprom from Moto One in OZ, pulled off the PCIII, reset the throttle position and synched the butterflies - it ran a whole lot smoother, seemed stronger off the throttle and best of all my mileage is 115miles to reserve. No change in engine heat temps. I put it on a dyno, air fuel ratios are all in good range. The eprom also adresses the ignition advance curve as well as fuel injector control, whereas the PCIII is only the fuel.

CIAO
JIM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode