Results of the 06 pipes? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Results of the 06 pipes?

I just got mine the other day and am wondering if anyone has had issues with the new ones and are they worth switching out? I like the sound the way it is and don't want to mess anything up but I would like to get rid of that bladder. What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 01:17 PM

I haven't had any issues with mine. What I noticed is deeper, louder sound. There is a significant difference in weight between the two exhaust systems. I also had the eprom installed, and it's hard to say that I noticed a loss in low end torque. There is more engine braking. It's still as twitchy on the throttle as before which some people like. On one occasion, I did notice that when I released the throttle and tried to crack it open again that there was a slight pause. So as before, throttle control is very important. I'm not sure I want to go with a power commander right now. Those things can really change the character of the bike, for better or for worse. I need to see some evidence, hopefully on this board, first.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 03:12 PM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrsonic
It's still as twitchy on the throttle as before which some people like.
who on earth likes the TWITCHY THROTTLE
what would be the reason for that?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 03:22 PM

I think the pipes are a must. They are loud...maybe too loud...but the package perfectly suits the bike. With the eprom it's just plain nasty It feels more powerful through the rev range and the throttle isn't too bad - but maybe I've just gotten used to it. I vote pipes

08 BMW HP2 Sport
10 MV 1090RR
86 BMW R80 G/S
47 Indian Chief
73 Norton Commando Cafe Racer
70 BMW R50/5
70 Triumph T100C
68 BMW R60/2
80 Vespa PX 125
Derringer Indian Board Track Replica
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spalding12
who on earth likes the TWITCHY THROTTLE
what would be the reason for that?
My mechanic likes it. I asked him about it and he told me some people like it. I think what he means is that some people like the quick and fast throttle response with slight throttle movements. I don't have alot of experience with inline-4 motors, but the Brutale is very different that the V-twins I'm accustomed to.

Last edited by herrsonic; 10-23-2006 at 03:36 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVorBMW
I think the pipes are a must. They are loud...maybe too loud...but the package perfectly suits the bike. With the eprom it's just plain nasty It feels more powerful through the rev range and the throttle isn't too bad - but maybe I've just gotten used to it. I vote pipes
I agree ... if you are used to the throttle response before, there is no big change after the race pipes are installed. I myself have gotten used to it, and don't mind. I'm not sure the bike is actually more powerful in the low- to mid-rev range and I haven't tested it at the bike's limit, although I was able to hit 130mph fairly easily even before installation of the new pipes. But for sure, it does feel viscerally stronger because there is more of a "rumbling" sensation to the bike when you are sitting on it and the sound adds to that effect.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 03:51 PM

My Ti exhaust and Eprom, (plus power Commander and Custom mapping) yielded me much more power EVERYWHERE. Most noticable is the torque gain in the low and midrange and 10 HP gain at peak.

Not sure if the eprom that I got from MotoCorse differs from the one MV sends with the 910 exhaust.

Your mileage may vary of course.

John T
Certified Power Commander Tech.
Authorized Tuning Center/Dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 09:55 PM

I perceive that the throttle response is improved with the new pipes - in my case, at least. I am getting used to the louder sound and it certainly is noticed by others on the road... One issue that I have, though, once in a while the engine hiccups and stalls. Mostly when I am coming to a stop but once it happened in a lazy corner, causing the tail to skip, catch and finally restart the engine. I will have that looked at next time I get the bike in... I gave up the old system - there's no turning back!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC
One issue that I have, though, once in a while the engine hiccups and stalls. Mostly when I am coming to a stop but once it happened in a lazy corner, causing the tail to skip, catch and finally restart the engine.
I have experienced this as well ... usually at lower revs as when you drop the revs and try to quickly bring it back up again ... there's a slight pause before the power comes on.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herrsonic
I have experienced this as well ... usually at lower revs as when you drop the revs and try to quickly bring it back up again ... there's a slight pause before the power comes on.
I am not sure we are seeing similar behavior, as mine occurs on throttle off, only. I have not perceived the dead spot or pause you mention. If I am idling at a light, the engine may hiccup and recover or stall. When moving, the stall has always occurred when I am off throttle and clutching to downshift.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode