Two things I've learned about my 1090rr over the past 400 miles... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to shahhm
Two things I've learned about my 1090rr over the past 400 miles...

The seat is SO damn uncomfortable...I'm 6'4" 195lbs...a big guy but certainly a good fit for the bike. I went on a ride today for about 45 miles and at the end of the ride, I was so uncomfortable it was ridiculous. my last bike was a suzuki sv650s and while that bike doesn't even compare in any shape or form to the brute...the seat was stock and more comfortable...i will definitely be looking at getting a more comfortable seat.

The second thing was how big of a gas guzzler this bike it. i've ridden about 400 miles...and while I should say i've been relatively aggressive with riding it...boy does it drink gas fast. anyone else surprised by this?

Having said the above...this bike is a dream to have in my garage and such a joy to take out on the road. I'm simply pointing out a few observations about the bike...but not really complains. The bike is everything I wanted and tons more. I'm not disappointed one bit in the bike...it's far exceeded anything i expected it to be. Take care all.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 09:31 PM

While I wouldn't say my 750 is super comfortable, it's WAAAAY WWWAAAAAYYY better than my ducati 696. I think my crotch is permanently dented from that thing shoving me into the tank. But then again, I'm not sure how different your 1090rr is from my 750.

You're right about the gas mileage though. I guess you don't buy a Brutale to be frugal, but it's kind of ridiculous that my car gets better gas milage than my motorcycle.

What part of Philly are you at? I've relocated here from southern California and I'm having a heck of a time trying to find some good places to ride.

Brutale 750
Ducati 696
BMW R75/6

Last edited by reasonableperson; 08-29-2011 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Grammer
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 11:16 PM

The 1090 is 10 times more comfy compared to my 1078,we are just spoiled as my last bike was a sv650 naked,great seat,so at the end I just purchased a corbin seat,what a great choice.I am 5ft 10 and 74 kg and ride my mates 1090,the bike is very comftable ,it could be because of your height and weight,just a guess, and also you should have your suspension adjusted,sag rebound and compression etc etc.like you said it is not as soft as the sv.maybe custom seat might suit you.
cheers eddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 11:47 PM

I am real happy with the mpg on mine, compared to the Honda VTR1000 I had previously...
The seat is better too, I can do 600kms per day without aches. Will see how it ages and how much the foam settles...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhead1957 View Post
I am real happy with the mpg on mine, compared to the Honda VTR1000 I had previously...

I have the Brutale AND the VTR1000 SP1 (RC51 to us 'mericans) My 400hp daily driver gets better mileage than the bikes..

John
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahhm View Post
The seat is SO damn uncomfortable...I'm 6'4" 195lbs...a big guy but certainly a good fit for the bike. I went on a ride today for about 45 miles and at the end of the ride, I was so uncomfortable it was ridiculous. my last bike was a suzuki sv650s and while that bike doesn't even compare in any shape or form to the brute...the seat was stock and more comfortable...i will definitely be looking at getting a more comfortable seat.

The second thing was how big of a gas guzzler this bike it. i've ridden about 400 miles...and while I should say i've been relatively aggressive with riding it...boy does it drink gas fast. anyone else surprised by this?

Having said the above...this bike is a dream to have in my garage and such a joy to take out on the road. I'm simply pointing out a few observations about the bike...but not really complains. The bike is everything I wanted and tons more. I'm not disappointed one bit in the bike...it's far exceeded anything i expected it to be. Take care all.

That's a nice Monster S4R you got there!
I had a 2004 S4R years back. It was a great bike...sold it with about 18,000 miles on the clock. Had many years of fun and joy with it.

Mike

2008 Brutale 910s
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeduc2 View Post
That's a nice Monster S4R you got there!
I had a 2004 S4R years back. It was a great bike...sold it with about 18,000 miles on the clock. Had many years of fun and joy with it.

Mike
Mike, the s4r is my buddies...definitely a sweet bike. one of the nicest ducs i've seen...he put a lot of time and care into that bike. soon hopefully we'll post pics of his cannonball and the s4r with my 1090...he's getting some nice paintwork done to the body at the moment.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by reasonableperson View Post
While I wouldn't say my 750 is super comfortable, it's WAAAAY WWWAAAAAYYY better than my ducati 696. I think my crotch is permanently dented from that thing shoving me into the tank. But then again, I'm not sure how different your 1090rr is from my 750.

You're right about the gas mileage though. I guess you don't buy a Brutale to be frugal, but it's kind of ridiculous that my car gets better gas milage than my motorcycle.

What part of Philly are you at? I've relocated here from southern California and I'm having a heck of a time trying to find some good places to ride.
I'm out in Roxborough...right up the street from Manayunk. There are some nice roads out in chestnut hill, bryn mawr...right about now any road the brute is on is a good road to be on. haha. Enjoy riding.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 02:35 PM
Established Member

I'm getting about 130-140 mls per tank and as my last ride was an 05 F4, the Brute seat is a hell of alot more comfortable!!

Frank
2010 MV 1090 Brutale
2012 HD CVO Ultra
2000 HD Ultra (Sold)
2005 MV F4 (Sold)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode