Monster S4R handelbars, CRG HS LS, Motovation bar ends.. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Monster S4R handelbars, CRG HS LS, Motovation bar ends..

Installed Ducati Monster S4R bars, CRG Hindsight Lanesplitter bar end mirrors and Motovation's bar ends. Pretty easy install, took me about 2 or 3 hours.

I did this because I felt the Brutale handelbars were too high for me. I felt like i was disconnected from the front end of the bike while riding it. I bought the bike 3 months ago, without ever riding it. The body position was very different from what Ive been riding (MV F4's, RC51, GSXR, etc.) This bike had done a few track days before I got it. The tires were Pilot Power Race on back and Pilot Power One on front. They looked shagged. I had no confidence in them at all. I replaced those with Pilot Powers and changed the bars. The bike feels very different now, much better. I think the change in body position with the lower bars is the biggest factor. Next up, adjust suspension back to stock (I have no clue where it is setup now) and then fine tune to suit me.

The CRG's are awesome! And The Motovation bar ends are VERY awesome!

John

Last edited by jwm2k3; 08-18-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 05:09 AM
Established Member

Look forward to seeing pictures John.

You just need to purchase the Matris steering Damper now as you WILL keep the Brutale.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 06:40 AM

You'll get used to it. When I switched from the RC51 to the Brutale last summer I ended up being the slowest guy on our group rides (Sheldon's rides so its a fast pace). New tires, put the suspension to stock and getting used to the dramatically different body position - I can honestly now say that I feel more confident on this bike than any before it - I can literally get the bike leaned over to the absolute edge on the tires (street riding) and have scuff similar to a track day all the way to the lip to prove it! I know you know Kenn, not sure if youve ridden with him but we get pretty aggressive and nobody's outrunning me in the twisties this season.

I guess I'm saying give it time it is a dramatically different setup - focus on your body positioning, practice hanging off in the turns, and just get some seat time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post

You just need to purchase the Matris steering Damper now.

YES! I think that is the next item on the list...well...2nd item, as I just bought a carbon hugger off eBay from CAG...

John
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Pics...
Attached Images

John
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammp View Post
You'll get used to it. When I switched from the RC51 to the Brutale last summer I ended up being the slowest guy on our group rides (Sheldon's rides so its a fast pace). New tires, put the suspension to stock and getting used to the dramatically different body position - I can honestly now say that I feel more confident on this bike than any before it - I can literally get the bike leaned over to the absolute edge on the tires (street riding) and have scuff similar to a track day all the way to the lip to prove it! I know you know Kenn, not sure if youve ridden with him but we get pretty aggressive and nobody's outrunning me in the twisties this season.

I guess I'm saying give it time it is a dramatically different setup - focus on your body positioning, practice hanging off in the turns, and just get some seat time.

Ive got my RC51 to the very edge like you describe, however the Brutale is not even close....I am nowhere near as comfortable to lean it over like that yet.

John
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 09:02 PM
Established Member

As I get older, having more upright riding position allows me to ride longer. I have learned to loathe clip-ons. The riding position on a Brutale is the most comfy on any sport bike I have ever ridden. Fits my physique perfetctly (165cm). It's a bitch riding on a highway, but how it rides in twisty mountain roads all makes it worth while.

Love the clip ons. I've been wanting to get one myself. Looks cool (and I'm sure you know who's behind you)

2004 Brutale S
1998 VFR 800--gone
2012 Diavel--new
1993 900SS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 11:53 PM

Hey Jwm2K3,
i may have a Matris M4R steering damper with fitting kit available soon, will be asking at least $500 au for it though as they are quite hard to get with the kit, but you can always make me an offer!!

james
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

Thanks again James, you seem to be full of help I need lately! Mucho gracias. I will be buying one, so as long as its minty mint Id rather put money in your pocket than Matris itself...

Talk soon!

John

By the way, you were the inspiriation for me switch to the Monster S4R bars....

John
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 05:32 AM

Not to thread jack the offer but if your set in Matris John there's a sweet one on eBay right now that's bidding.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode