7,500 mi rip - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

7,500 mi rip

just brought the 1090 in for the 1st service. i was just wondering what the going price for the service is. i was quoted right at 1,000.00 U S . THAT SOUNDS LIKE ALOT TO ME, is that a rip off or it is what it is? and thats without the oil and filter. what do u guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 10:19 PM

Yes, rip off....get it out of there

John
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 12:51 AM

New Site Garage
Question Hhhm

Since this is usually a major service with valve check and hub service too, I thought it would not be too bad. I know that's what the guys charged me over here for my first and last service at 1000km.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 01:23 AM

WTF! get out of there quick smart! is a near new bike! & you are not racing it! oil+filter change & the rest are checks for fluid levels & minor adjustments chains etc. it should cost no more than $350 thats with full synthic oil and oem filter.

I feel the need, the need for corner speed!
Rollen Artwork.

--~~~~
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 01:30 AM

New Site Garage
Exclamation

So what's the 7,500 mi rip about ?
Anyway, as far as I remember, and I stand corrected, the first service has quite a substantial list of things that need checking. Not something I would go past on, after that might be a different story.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 02:28 AM

Agree with Donsy, I beleive the first service includes valve checks, fluids, timimgs etc. Mine cost 500 - 600 (1078RR). When I questioned the price, the dealer showed me MV's own list of requirements provided to them of all the tolerance checks they need to make, I was amazed. That's when I downloaded the service manual!

Stuck on a rock off the coast of France
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 06:16 AM

If it is the 7500 "first major service" sounds about what it costs...it is very involved, and all kinds of parts and fluids are replaced, but the most is labor (about 500-800 worth in labor)
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 09:46 AM

a mates bike f4 750 2001 did his major services @50,000km also been on the track half of its life & have not miss a beat. did the rear oem bearing still good, did the fork oil, fuel filter, oil & filter. now got 60,000kms & he changes oil & filter every 10,000kms. still rides like a dream, on the boil. to keep up with the 1000s.

I feel the need, the need for corner speed!
Rollen Artwork.

--~~~~
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 10:23 AM

New Site Garage
I paid exactly $838.53 for my 7500 mile service done back in March last year by Munroe on my '05. They quoted a couple hundreds above this to cover for valve adjustment which wasn't needed in the end. So you're in the ballpark for the first major service (at San Francisco labor rates). Brutes are expensive girlfriends....but they're worth it

Last edited by pierre.poilane; 08-17-2011 at 10:27 AM.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 10:40 AM

New Site Garage
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvrick View Post
a mates bike f4 750 2001 did his major services @50,000km also been on the track half of its life & have not miss a beat. did the rear oem bearing still good, did the fork oil, fuel filter, oil & filter. now got 60,000kms & he changes oil & filter every 10,000kms. still rides like a dream, on the boil. to keep up with the 1000s.
Love to know how you get to compare a 750 with a 1090 Tony, are you recommending this guy should skip his major - still under warranty service- and wait till he has 50k on the bike?
Just wondering what you are recommending since you said he should get his bike away from the shop in the first place. By my last count -I stand corrected- a 4l full syth oil could be at least $60, filter OEM $30 - labour at least two hours, $$$. So no valve clearence check or brake and clutch fluid replacement yet, neither steering bearings or hub service check?
I do agree there is some things that can be done at home by some people, but were do we draw the line when we recommend something.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode