New Owner Intro - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

New Owner Intro

I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum as a new owner of a Brutale 910R that I picked up from a fellow forum member Fransway here in Portland. I was looking for a bike to replace my Hypermotard which was stolen last fall (I kept it in my living room as I lived in the rather rough hood of Bed Stuy in NYC but ironically it was wheeled out of the dealership while in for service).

Anyway. I think my first post has to have no images or anything so to be safe this will be a two part intro...

Gregor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 10:10 PM

New Site Garage
+1-1

Welcome Gregor, hope you have a good time on the Brutie, and on the forum.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

...and part two.

So anyway, I'm a former roadracer having raced 125's and 250's for a long time and then I did a few years of rally racing before having a couple of little ones which sort of rearranged my risk priorities. I'm a commercial photographer (I can't post a link but if you're curious you can google my name and see what I do) that has done campaigns with MV Agusta, Ducati, BMW and KTM along with Rev'It! and Scorpion to name a few. I got into shooting bikes from being a stunt rider for a few BMW campaigns where I began to realize that the photographers generally didn't know much about bikes and I thought I could do better - so I did.

Along the way I got to take spins on some of the bikes I got to shoot and while I thought the Brutale was the most beautiful naked bike ever made (I worship Tamburini) when I got to ride one back to back with the Hyper I thought the Brutale was just too much bike for riding in NYC.

As of a week ago I finally realized two dreams when I moved from NYC to Portland and then purchased a 910R just a few days after arriving. Spencer (Fransway here) was very honest about the condition and while it will need a little freshening (repaired the radiator, ordered some new disks and I'm having the seat recovered) I feel like I got a great deal on a bike I've had my eye on for a long time. I also feel like I now live in a place where I can let the bike stretch it's legs so I'm excited about getting to know my first inline-4 (I don't count BMW K bikes from the 80's).

So that's a bit about me. The forum was a great resource as I was looking at bikes and I'm looking forward to learing more as I get to know my new Brutale. I've attached a few images I've shot of Brutales over the years along with a shot of my bike, a 2007 910R, and my BMW cafe racer I built years ago which is the bike that got me started.

Gregor
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 10:20 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Welcome to the family......any thoughts of making it to the Bubbalicious in October? (do a thread search)

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Welcome to the family......any thoughts of making it to the Bubbalicious in October? (do a thread search)
You're kidding me. I finally make it to the west coast where all the motorcycle action is and this is happening about as far away from me as you can get. No, don't think so unfortunately...

Gregor
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 12:40 AM

Welcome to the forum.
Nice pair of bikes you have. Love the BMW.

oldnfast(ish) Racing towards old age
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 03:33 AM
Nice photos Gregor, welcome.

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 03:57 AM

Welcome. Amazing photos. Keep them coming.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 03:59 AM

Welcome buddy,great colour.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 01:55 AM
cus

Welcome Gregor,
Enjoy the brutale. You do good work.I have to have that photo with the MV`s and Ford GT. How do I get it poster sized ?
Cus.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode