RPM sensor - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

RPM sensor

Ok, I give up, been searching the forum/google etc for the location of the rpm sensor on the 910 Brutale with no joy?

I have a Gipro gear indicator (DS model) and have wired up the speed sensor (upper conector by the water pump) and have figured that I will tap the red wire to the brake switch, but I cannot find the wire to tap the green/grey wire to. This is supposed to connect to the rpm sensor, but the instructions only provide info for Ducatis! By the way, I do have the correct loom.

Anyone who can point me in the write direction would be much appreciated.

Stuck on a rock off the coast of France
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 11:33 AM

i need help also i have the new cdi(fuse)box on my brutale 2004 in service they told me that my failure with box is because of hid light (hi beam) and led turn signals. if any body can give me more information about that cause now my turn lights and hi beam HID are disconnected and i am afraid to connect them, cause i dint want to spend another 5000$ for fuse box.it is the latest fuse box for mv agusta brutale 750/2004. bought august 2011.Please guys any information is good ,thanks
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 01:08 PM

http://my.agusta.us/Manuals/6.%20Ele...l%20System.pdf

16 - R.P.M. SENSOR
If the r.p.m. of the engine is not signalled on the instrument
panel with the engine switched on, check:
• The continuity between pin (16) of the instrument
panel and pin (20) of the CPU.
• If the cause is verified, the fault will be found in the
CPU.
In the case of substitution of the CPU: with
the ignition key in the “OFF” position wait
approximately fifteen seconds before disconnecting
the same.

This is from the F4 manual, Brutale seems to be the same as you would expect.

http://my.agusta.us/Manuals/Brutale/...hop_manual.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 02:52 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedjabhr View Post
i need help also i have the new cdi(fuse)box on my brutale 2004 in service they told me that my failure with box is because of hid light (hi beam) and led turn signals. if any body can give me more information about that cause now my turn lights and hi beam HID are disconnected and i am afraid to connect them, cause i dint want to spend another 5000$ for fuse box.it is the latest fuse box for mv agusta brutale 750/2004. bought august 2011.Please guys any information is good ,thanks
I have recently installed a new type of "SPU" on 750/2005 - fuel pump, injectors and coils were dead.

Now I have the "HID" light (LO), also have LED turn signals and have no problems.

HID system in the first about 5-10 seconds after launch, uses more amps than standard bulbs but after the bulb warms up, he needs fewer amps than standard bulbs. The only thing that would be allowed to happen is that when you turn on the HID's is to burn out fuse (15A).
These 15A on the standard voltage of 13.8V is about 200W, and 35W HID ballast system never reaches 200W
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Thanks have this same manual, but Healtec the makers of the GiPro unit imply that there should be a three pin electrical conector in the area of the crankcase, whereas the manual is referring you to the CPU?

I had one of these on an R6 previously and that had a three pin electrical connector running from the RPM sensor which could be found on the crankcase.

Still confused by this?

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBrut View Post
Thanks have this same manual, but Healtec the makers of the GiPro unit imply that there should be a three pin electrical conector in the area of the crankcase, whereas the manual is referring you to the CPU?

I had one of these on an R6 previously and that had a three pin electrical connector running from the RPM sensor which could be found on the crankcase.

Still confused by this?
If you only have 1 wire left to connect (green/grey) and are looking for the wire that gives the signal to the tacho it would be the wire that goes to position 16 on the instrument harness.
The RPM sensor is #14 on the electrical diagram, you should be able to follow the wires to it from the CPU.
The wires for the sensor on the diagram are marked W & Br, presumably White & Brown, they go to positions 11 & 28 on the CPU. It has 1 other wire marked B which is a earth/ground wire.

The sensor can be seen in the Brutale manual section D page 14.

Last edited by twizel; 08-14-2011 at 01:22 AM.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 09:15 PM

New Site Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by twizel View Post
http://my.agusta.us/Manuals/6.%20Ele...l%20System.pdf

16 - R.P.M. SENSOR
If the r.p.m. of the engine is not signalled on the instrument
panel with the engine switched on, check:
• The continuity between pin (16) of the instrument
panel and pin (20) of the CPU.
• If the cause is verified, the fault will be found in the
CPU.
In the case of substitution of the CPU: with
the ignition key in the “OFF” position wait
approximately fifteen seconds before disconnecting
the same.

This is from the F4 manual, Brutale seems to be the same as you would expect.

http://my.agusta.us/Manuals/Brutale/...hop_manual.pdf
Be carefull mate, vast difference between F4 and B4 wiring.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 09:21 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
The crank position sensor on the left side of the cases is what tells the ECU engine rpm. I think it has a 3 wire plug.

The SPU on 2007 and earlier Brutales (US...other markets maybe be 2006) are notorious for failing SPU.....has nothing to do with your lights. Plenty of threads on that subject.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 06:00 AM Thread Starter

Many thanks for the responses guys.

As Ed stated the crankcase position sensor is located on the left side of the crankcase and that is what I was looking for (note Healtech do'nt refer to it as that). Anyway, having found that you can just about get your fingers in to trace the wire into the engine area under the tank. By the way, anyone else thinking of installing one of these on a 2006 Brutale you will need to remove the tank, as the connector you are looking for runs behind the horizontal frame member just in front of the airbox. Well hidden away, hence why I couldn't find the thing in the first place!

Having found the connector (as stated it is a three wire conector with a rubber boot shrouding either side) tap in to the brown wire (conveniently numbered 1 on the connector) and the rest is relatively straight forward. I am going to tap the red wire, which powers the device, to the rear brake switch (unless anyone can suggest a better source) and the job should be done.

You will note that the last bit is written in the future tense, as I am yet to put the bike back together again and set up the device! As I am going to be changing the fuel tank, add an air filter etc I may as well leave her as she is until those parts arrive rather than creating more work for myself.

Again, many thanks to you all.

Dave

Last edited by JerseyBrut; 08-14-2011 at 06:09 AM.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 02:29 PM

Hi!

I'm a new member of this forum.....I have a Brutale 2004 750S and I have a problem with the RPM display and the multifunctional display on the dashboard doesn't work......what can be the problem?
I changed first the rpm sensor.....the problem not resolved with this!
Second I try another dashboard unit but the problem is the same....please help me I have no idea what the problem is!

Thanks Guys!

H.T.Morelli

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode