question about fuel regulator - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

question about fuel regulator

I'm working on a '05 Brutale, and am need of a little info:

is there suppose to be a vacuum (or other type) of hose coming off of the fuel regulators hose nipple. If so, where does the hose go?

I'm talking about the regulator fitting on the outside of the tank, not the L shaped hose on the inside of the tank.

I have a shop manual on CD supplied by the owner, but aside from a brief description of what the regulator does there is scant info about it.

Symptoms are intermittent engine dying. Filter is not clogged & pump seems OK. But have replacement pump and will be trying it tomorrow,

Does the fuel filter have a general automotive usage, same as the fuel pump? If so, what make and model uses it.

thanks,

Z. Ray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 11:34 PM

All the info http://my.agusta.us/
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

I have the manuals, perhaps I'm just blind, but do not see any detail on the fuel regulator aside from this description:

"..Fuel pressure regulator
The fuel pressure regulator is a diaphragm pressure release valve that consists of a diaphragm, spring and valve. It always maintains the pressure of the fuel sent to the injector at 3.0 kg/cm2 (300 kPa). When the pressure of the fuel rises above 3.0 kg/cm2 (300 kPa) the excess fuel opens the valve of the regulator and therefore can return to the fuel tank...."

Z.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'66 GT-350
original drivetrain, sheetmetal, interior and paint

Last edited by zray; 08-11-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

how about this question, what are the pros & cons to removing the evap. canister that sits under the tank ?

Z.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'66 GT-350
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 01:13 AM

Have a look at the pictures in the parts book, every hose, clip etc in great detail.
http://my.agusta.us/Manuals/Brutale/910_spare_parts.pdf
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 01:46 AM

New Site Garage
Hi Mate, if you give us a bit more detail on what the bike is doing we might come up with the right answer quicker.
Anyway, I have never worked on a 750 but in this thread http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39000
you will see on the later bikes we don't use that regulator at all.

If you think it is fuel related then make sure the breathers on the fuel cap is not blocked. If they are blocked it will create a vacuum in tank and bike will suffer from fuel starvation.
I would also change the spark plugs to one of the Iridium type plugs, seems to help with intermittent stalling issue's on many of bikes.
Hope this helps.

BTW, welcome to the forum mate.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 06:04 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Quote:
Originally Posted by zray View Post
I'm working on a '05 Brutale, and am need of a little info:

is there suppose to be a vacuum (or other type) of hose coming off of the fuel regulators hose nipple. If so, where does the hose go?

I'm talking about the regulator fitting on the outside of the tank, not the L shaped hose on the inside of the tank.

I have a shop manual on CD supplied by the owner, but aside from a brief description of what the regulator does there is scant info about it.

Symptoms are intermittent engine dying. Filter is not clogged & pump seems OK. But have replacement pump and will be trying it tomorrow,

Does the fuel filter have a general automotive usage, same as the fuel pump? If so, what make and model uses it.

thanks,

Z. Ray
There is no hose coming off the fuel pressure regulator.

The filter does have general automotive usage, it's part number is in several threads. The Knurl knows the number by heart.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 06:05 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
There are no cons to removing the evap canister under the tank unless you are a radical greenie.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

thanks for all the knowledgeable replies. I would've been sidetracked w/o your help

Z.

'66 GT-350
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 10:51 PM

New Site Garage
Thumbs up haha

No probs mate, thought I'd add your link here
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41396

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode