200/50 zr17 rear tyre - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

200/50 zr17 rear tyre

Ok,just thinking of putting on a dunlop roadsmart 200/50 zr17 rear tyre on, what are your thoughts,I reckon it might look ok,brutale 1078
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 11:02 PM

New Site Garage
It should be okay, you are obviously more into the looks rather than performance as far as the tyre goes. There will be a change in rear ride height which might counter the slower the steering given by the bigger back tyre. It all depends on how sensitive you are to feel. These are not the best performance Dunlops out there but not bad either, very good in the wet the say.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
It should be okay, you are obviously more into the looks rather than performance as far as the tyre goes. There will be a change in rear ride height which might counter the slower the steering given by the bigger back tyre. It all depends on how sensitive you are to feel. These are not the best performance Dunlops out there but not bad either, very good in the wet the say.
thanks donsy, as I really do not go on the track but we still ride hard around the mountains,do you think I could adjust the back with the height adjuster to compensate,would this help ,are your thoughts about how fare the bike will lean over,or the amount of time would be slower to achieve this.
cheers eddy
what tyre do you think,in this range is better in the 200/50
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 11:43 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddypro View Post
thanks donsy, as I really do not go on the track but we still ride hard around the mountains,do you think I could adjust the back with the height adjuster to compensate,would this help ,are your thoughts about how fare the bike will lean over,or the amount of time would be slower to achieve this.
cheers eddy
what tyre do you think,in this range is better in the 200/50
Turn in is a bit slower with the bigger tyre, but it also raises the back which will in turn sharpen up the steering, sort of cancelling each other out. Ride it first and feel what it does, then adjust via ride height adjuster if need be.
Have a look at these too, a more expensive but that's a lot of power you have on the Brutie http://www.dunloptyres.com.au/dotCMS...&from=nPerPage

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 03:33 AM

I was thinking in the other direction.
Changed my 190 on the f4 to 180 and very pleased with result.
Both the F4 and B4 have Michelin power pure , great tyres , they reduce weight.
Both on 55 height.
Just my 2 cents
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 03:44 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greny View Post
I was thinking in the other direction.
Changed my 190 on the f4 to 180 and very pleased with result.
Both the F4 and B4 have Michelin power pure , great tyres , they reduce weight.
Both on 55 height.
Just my 2 cents
You are right Greny, I though would be hesitant to put a 180 on the rear as I would run out of tyre, especially on a 1078. Eddy though is after the fat back tyre look the 200 will give him.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 04:23 AM

New Site Garage
The distance to the exhaust system is very small with 190x55 on my Brutale 910.

I'm not sure it would be enough space with a 10mm wider back tire.
But this you probably have measured and checked already.

Brutale 910R Hydrogen

And White bullet
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 06:22 AM
cus

Went from 190 to 180 on my 750S and steering is far more precise and will do the same on my 1078RR when the pirelli is worn
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 07:14 AM

New Site Garage
Tyre threads are always a bit like this, there is a lot of thing that influence the steering, the only way to really tell is to go from size to size but using the same brand tyre. I tried 180 but ran out of tyre, that could have been the Brand or tyre pressure etc. I will not go as far as saying to someone not to go to a 180, there is just more meat on a 190. It depends a bit on how you ride I suppose, everybody pretty much has his own feeling and preference.
If you want that fat 200 look at the back, that's fine too, as long as you know the downside of it. Most blokes won't mind what it does, and some might like the calmer feel of the bigger tyre.
Biggest mistake people make is to go from a say 190 Michelin to a 180 Bridgestone, and then try to compare the two, or from a Pirelli Sportbike tyre to a Dunlop Sport touring, the differences is soo frigging huge.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 07:44 AM
cus

Yup, well said.If you`re not comparing apples with apples then it`s all a bit irrelevant really.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode