New 1090rr owner! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New 1090rr owner!

Greetings all,

I just took delivery of a 2011 1090rr with the red frame. She's a beauty! I own a 2010 Ducati Streetfighter "S" too. I think the bikes will complement each other well.

I purchased the MV from TT Motorcycles in Clinton Township (Michigan). I had a great experience; Bob and his staff were accommodating and made the process an easy one. They even delivered the bike to me 200mi away from the dealer.

Here are a few pictures...
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 11:40 AM

Congrats and welcome

I'd like to hear your impressions about the Brutale vs the Streetfighter
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 12:12 PM

Awesome pics, like hatching out of an egg!

07 Brutale' 910R Arrow Thunder, PCIII,Ferracci chip, CRG mirrors,levers. Scotts, Motovation sliders.
O6 Yamaha FZ1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Site Sponsor

What a beautiful bike! Congrats!

Alex

GP Racing - Gutsy Performance, Inc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

916 276-1080 cell
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thank you!

I'll be sure to post my impressions as soon as I have a few hundred miles of saddle time. (I did ride a 2010 1090rr last year at the same dealer for about 10mi. Initally, I thought it felt a tad flat, but now I know I did not have it in Sport mode)

In the mean time, I'm sure that all of you have seen this but its a good review on both of the bikes. I can say that I agree with the testers impression of the Streetfighter and I hope the fueling is as smooth as mentioned on the Brutale'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_qwppl4YS4

I will share a quick story of what finally made me decide to buy the MV, the last straw if you will... It was the attention to detail on the exhaust hanger. I really liked that I could choose to remove the passenger footpegs (in moments, not hours like on my Streetfighter) and not have to purchase a hanger to take the place of the footpeg/hanger combo as it is on most bikes. What finally pushed me over the edge was that the hanger was not part of the sub-frame and a piece that bolted TO the sub-frame. Crazy I know, but the attention to detail, thats what did it for me.

Also according to http://cycle-ergros.com at my hight and inseam the Brutale' will be more comfortable than my Honda was and my Ducati is.

CBR929rr - 35 degree lean forward
Ducati Streetfighter - 20 degree lean forward
1090rr Brutale' - 7 degree lean forward

I have an MV Hugger on order, and i'm looking forward to installing that when it arrives.

Thanks for the kind welcome. I look forward to learning more about my new MV from all of you!

J.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 08:48 PM

Love your bikes, and I can not wait to hear your impressions on both bikes.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 08:34 AM

You will love it. Same colour as mine :-)

MV Agusta F4 (2013)
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Hi John...

Quote:
Originally Posted by John M View Post
You will love it. Same colour as mine :-)
Thanks for all of the Pre-purchase help, and email back-and-forth with hugger suggestions.

My review / comparison is on the way!
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones525 View Post
Thanks for all of the Pre-purchase help, and email back-and-forth with hugger suggestions.

My review / comparison is on the way!

No worries - glad to help.

MV Agusta F4 (2013)
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

My initial (140mi) impressions...

Ok, I've been thinking and I'm just going to do a brain dump here and I'll probably post again with final impressions once i have a few thousand miles...

MV:
  • More comfortable than the Ducati (Which is why I bought it)
  • Shifter throw seems long compared to the Ducati
  • The clutch is easy to modulate and there is a strange click at the lever which I assume has something to do with the slipper clutch.
  • Warms up quickly, throws a lot of heat onto my legs, the Ducati does not do this.
  • Revs very quickly although I have not exceeded 6k rpm's
  • Brakes do not seem as strong as my Streetfighter even though the calipers are the same. Maybe its the rate on the Nissin master cylinder or the pads need to bed in more.
  • Wheelies like a dog begging for a treat, no clutch needed, and this is under 6k.
  • Fit and finish is better than the Ducati, but the Ducati is more appealing to my eye.
  • Guzzles fossil fuel like its going out of style. Hey wait, it is...
  • The headlamp lens is glass, the Ducati is plastic.
  • The MV came with a tank protector, on the Ducati its extra.
  • Paint quality is way better than the Ducati. Sneeze on the Duc and it'll scratch.
  • I wish the Brutale had the F4 gages. I like the Ducati gages much better.
  • No clock, or air temp. The Ducati has me spoiled.
  • The turn signal and horn are reversed between the two bikes. I find myself beeping a lot on the MV.
  • The rear turn signals on the MV are red and the front are amber.
  • The mirrors are almost useless, they are not spaced out far enough.
  • There is a tiny bit of space on the MV for storage, on the Duc it is non-existant, as in zero. If it wont fit in your pocket, you cant bring it along.
  • The welcome kit is amazing. When I bought the Ducati I received the extras in a dirty cardboard box and the passenger seat does not fit
  • I like the running lights on the Ducati better. Much more aggressive. When I see the running lights on the MV I think Fu-Man-Chu.
  • While they look quite the same from a seating and comfort prospective, the MV is much more comfortable and the suspension is much more compliant. I think I'd need to have the Ohlins re sprung in the front to achieve the same effect. I wont do this as I like the characteristics of both bikes.
  • I had two separate cars shadow me on the MV at dusk on the freeway last Saturday and give me thumbs up. So people notice this machine on the road.
  • I parked it outside my favorite restaurant and sat on the patio for dinner. The bike drew a consistent crowd of onlookers. There was a lot of pointing and inquisitive examination.
Well, thats it for now. Hopefully you'll find this informative and its just my opinion of course.
Attached Images

Last edited by jones525; 08-07-2011 at 09:36 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode