Miles Per Gallon - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Miles Per Gallon

Hey All,

I was the first 910R to have the race exhaust put on by Pro Italia in Glendale, CA. All that aside, it took a week to do cuz the bike had clogged throttle bodies. They ran through 2 Eproms, lots of diagnostics, et. al., because they thought it was an EFI/programming issue. They recommended I NOT have installed the PC Commander (which I bought months ago) as that's what the Eprom is supposed to do. I've had the bike a week and the fuel consumption is even WORSE, an all time low of 20mpg, down from my usual 23mpg. God, this is awful. I love my bike but is there any way to improve fuel consumption? Should I bite the dust and put the PC Commander on anyway? (Pro Italia unfortunately does not have a dyno machine, which surprised me as they're a very race-oriented shop. I'll have to find another shop to install it and create a custom map.) Any ideas?

Last edited by Metallo Brutale; 10-19-2006 at 12:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 12:33 PM

I don't have the R, but I consistently get 35 MPG out of my 910. Stock chip but have removed the cat.

Jack
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 12:48 PM

35 mpg's. wow that is really good. i only get ave 25 on the 750.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfull
35 mpg's. wow that is really good. i only get ave 25 on the 750.
That was one of the advertised advantages of the 910--that it actually got better gas mileage.

Jack
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 01:26 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallo Brutale
Hey All,

I was the first 910R to have the race exhaust put on by Pro Italia in Glendale, CA. All that aside, it took a week to do cuz the bike had clogged throttle bodies. They ran through 2 Eproms, lots of diagnostics, et. al., because they thought it was an EFI/programming issue. They recommended I NOT have installed the PC Commander (which I bought months ago) as that's what the Eprom is supposed to do. I've had the bike a week and the fuel consumption is even WORSE, an all time low of 20mpg, down from my usual 23mpg. God, this is awful. I love my bike but is there any way to improve fuel consumption? Should I bite the dust and put the PC Commander on anyway? (Pro Italia unfortunately does not have a dyno machine, which surprised me as they're a very race-oriented shop. I'll have to find another shop to install it and create a custom map.) Any ideas?
I also bought a '06 910 Brutale from Pro Italia and get a low light at approx 100miles odo. I live next to Castaic Lake, California and have a road course right there. I have gotten the low light at just over 80 miles when I've realy cranked on the bike with lots of full throttle squirts between corners. I have only (2) 120-140 mile rides with my new Corsa Inox system that includes head pipes and collector exactly the same as the promised 910R system, it also came with a chip mapped to my VIN number.. I am running stock mufflers. I have noticed no change in fuel consumption but I need a few more rides. I will report back.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladio
That was one of the advertised advantages of the 910--that it actually got better gas mileage.

I've been getting a consistant 27-28 MPG on my stock 910. It only has 900 miles on it so hopefully it'll it 30 MPH with more miles.

Bike History:
'88 Ninja 250 > '92 GSXR-600 > '01 YZF-R1 > '06 Brutale + '07 Customized VTX-1300
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 01:32 PM

I have the racing exhaust installed on the 910R, without power commander for now, and getting ~22mpg in backroad/city travel. It doesn't seem much different after the installation of the pipes. The pc on my F4 helped the mileage a little

08 BMW HP2 Sport
10 MV 1090RR
86 BMW R80 G/S
47 Indian Chief
73 Norton Commando Cafe Racer
70 BMW R50/5
70 Triumph T100C
68 BMW R60/2
80 Vespa PX 125
Derringer Indian Board Track Replica
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 02:22 PM

If you are getting around 30mpg on your 910, I would consider that excellent. I get 25mpg. That mileagle did not change one bit after I installed headers + midpipe and PCIII. My riding is all backroads.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 02:31 PM

When I custom map PC's, I set them up for best performance.
If a customer is concerned about gas mileage, I can set them up leaner in the cruise area to help.

MV's will get 25-30mpg under most situations. If you want super economy, scooters get around 100mpg.

John T
Certified Power Commander Tech.
Authorized Tuning Center/Dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 03:23 PM

With only 900miles on my 750, I am getting 30-33mpg (mostly backroad/hwy).
I would like to get better mileage but its not about saving money, it has more to do with trips. I usually go to Big Bend NP once or twice a year, and gas stations are few and far between down there. I don't like the idea of sweating between fill-ups.
I wonder if a (taller)sprocket change before a road trip would give a few more miles per tank?

You gotta be crazy, gotta have a real need....

Last edited by motorfiveo; 10-19-2006 at 03:25 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode