Brutale S cooling questions - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Brutale S cooling questions

I thought I'd put this out here and see what you tech guys had to offer. I test drove a '09 Brutale 1078 last weekend, (still talking with my credit union about a loan), but I noticed how much cooler it ran then my '04 750 S. I know MV upgraded to two radiator cooling fans on later model years. My question is, if I keep my 750, would it be possible to upgrade with a radiator from say an '06 910?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 08:35 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Brutale radiators are completely different than F4 radiators. The conversion can be done, Noel and Donsy have done it. I think Donsy had a thread about it. I don't remember if it worked.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 09:54 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
radiators?

Roy and Carl;
i redesigned the F4 radiator and the whole cooling system
double pass upper, automotive radiator cap on top of the right tank, no lower, no heat exchanger, oil cooler instead
Donsy's oil temp is down 15deg C.....yes it works on the F4
my F4 only has 4 stock radiator hoses and a non pressurized line from the tank to the new filler neck

i did nothing to the Brutale.....i have an early Brutale radiator with a single fan....
my '08 910R has 2 fans
maybe Carl can tell you if the 910 and 750 radiators are the same....then you'd just need the 2nd fan

you should only need mounts for the 2nd fan, Lee used a Fusor product to glue them on!

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl

Last edited by theknurl; 07-22-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 01:07 PM

Guys, the orig poster has an 04 Brutale 750 and is thinking about upgrading to a 09 Brutale 1078. If he dosent do that, he wants to know if he can upgrade his existing 04 Brutale 750 radiator to a newer 06 Brutale 910 radiator. Nowhere is an F4 invloved.

John
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 03:28 AM

Hi Beast, when you say the newer Brutale runs cooler - what sort of temperatures are you referring to?

My 750 Brutale only gets warm if I'm idling in traffic during a hot Australian summer. Even then it's managable. I don't perceive a problem here - even if a 1078 Brutale were to run cooler again.

If you're having genuine issues with your 750 running too hot then I suggest that there is a problem somewhere that is not a direct result of the layout or intended operation of the cooling system. Perhaps the coolant is too old, or contaminated. Perhaps the thermostat is faulty. Something like that, rather than a fault with the original design.

Cheers
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 01:52 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the info guys. I actually found a website (evolutionbike, or something to that accord) that has an upgraded metal fan blade and higher volume waterpump impeller, both licensed by MV Agusta, that I've got on order. Also Rents, my temp gauge gets around 221 degrees on a sweltering day here in the SouthEast US, the 1078 I rode didn't get over 205 degrees. I've got mine in the shop for an oil change and coolant exchange at the moment.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 05:29 AM

I wouldn't worry at all if you see 221 on hot days in traffic. That's running warm, not overheating. The coolant won't boil as long as it's in reasonable condition.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode