Exhaust advice for Brutale 910S - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Exhaust advice for Brutale 910S

Right now I have the stock cans with the corse headers/mid-pipe, which (when tuned with my PC3) gave me a nice power boost and smoother throttle. Unfortunately they had to set it up very rich in the bottom to the point where it fouled the plugs and the bike would cut out all the time. We disconnected the PC3 and leaned it tout and now it runs fine but there's a lot of popping on deceleration and the power isn't what it used to be.

So this has me looking for a full system as that should give us more flexibility in tuning it plus some extra power to boot. I always said I wanted to keep the bike looking stock but the Arrow Thunder stubby exhaust is starting to grow on me. Has anyone compared it to the Moto Corse or MV Corse in terms of power and noise level?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkdal View Post
Right now I have the stock cans with the corse headers/mid-pipe, which (when tuned with my PC3) gave me a nice power boost and smoother throttle. Unfortunately they had to set it up very rich in the bottom to the point where it fouled the plugs and the bike would cut out all the time. We disconnected the PC3 and leaned it tout and now it runs fine but there's a lot of popping on deceleration and the power isn't what it used to be.

So this has me looking for a full system as that should give us more flexibility in tuning it plus some extra power to boot. I always said I wanted to keep the bike looking stock but the Arrow Thunder stubby exhaust is starting to grow on me. Has anyone compared it to the Moto Corse or MV Corse in terms of power and noise level?
What Brutale 910s do you have? is it Euro 2 or Euro 3? if you don't know, then what year is it?
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Sorry, should've been more specific. Mine is a 2006 based in the US so although it's California emissions certified it's not Euro 3 I believe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 02:25 AM

I don't have the stubby cans on mine, but from what I've heard firsthand, the Arrow stubby cans are pretty loud, and even louder with the baffles removed.

2008 Brutale 910s
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 06:41 AM

I also have an 06 910S. I have the arrow thunder can on it with a powercommander and a custom map. I am the second owner and did not install the exhaust or the PC but I can tell you that it does run a little rich, most likely for the same reasons you have described. Power is good and the popping on decel is very limited although it does happen occasionally. I have expereinced some cut out, but not all the time - I just hit 10k on the odometer (I bought it last year at 2,300 miles) - replaced the plugs last weekend with stock plugs and it definitely runs smoother. So I guess I am saying that plug life with the arrow can is 7k give or take and gas mileage seems to be right around 30 miles to the gallon.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 08:24 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
If you like the stock look, get a set of the off road slip ons. Same great looks, awesome sound. I know a guy who has a set.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 08:29 AM

And how much does this 'guy' want for said slip ons?

Adding power makes you faster on the straights, while subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere - Colin Chapman

2004 Brutale 750S
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
If you like the stock look, get a set of the off road slip ons. Same great looks, awesome sound. I know a guy who has a set.
Will they fit the Corse headers that are already on the bike? http://www.ferracci.com/store/cart.p...t_detail&p=294
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe07 View Post
And how much does this 'guy' want for said slip ons?
Hey! It's my thread - stop trying to steal my cans! ;-)
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 12:36 PM

You've got nothing to worry about probably, I just bought new tires so I'm spent out on bike fun for awhile. . . . maybe

Adding power makes you faster on the straights, while subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere - Colin Chapman

2004 Brutale 750S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode