a quick second look at my 910R - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

a quick second look at my 910R

I'm settling in nicely, having had a few chances to ride here and there in the past week. At this point I want to say the Brutale is the most wonderful bike that I've owned. As mz3boy commented to my earlier post, "the soul of the bike is amazing, and makes you smile every time you ride". You're so right.

So Noneyet, named so because he had no MV Agusta in the garage when he joined the forum. Brutale 910 R has been sold, so now maybe he's "had one".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 03:11 AM

Glad you are enjoying the bike. I am sure it will get better as time passes by.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 10:23 AM

Ha, sounds like another one is on the hook! Welcome to the club!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 03:30 AM

Im struggling to like my 910R.....I thought I would love it as much as the F4's Ive owned. The tires may be really screwing me up as Ive no confidence in them, so I will reserve total judgement untill I change those. Ive had it for about 200 miles or so....but i cant lean this bike over like my other bikes.

John
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm2k3 View Post
Im struggling to like my 910R.....I thought I would love it as much as the F4's Ive owned. The tires may be really screwing me up as Ive no confidence in them, so I will reserve total judgement untill I change those. Ive had it for about 200 miles or so....but i cant lean this bike over like my other bikes.
What are on now, and what will you change to?

So Noneyet, named so because he had no MV Agusta in the garage when he joined the forum. Brutale 910 R has been sold, so now maybe he's "had one".
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm2k3 View Post
I already changed the tyres on my bruttie to the ones i like(power pure) , but the power delivery and harsh suspension combined with the overkill brakes make it a no love story.Enjoy my F4 and other bikes much more.
Just when it comes to looking at it in the garage with a glass of wine ..........
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 12:05 PM

Get your Brutie out to the track. It's capable of amazing things, it just depends on what you are used to. I started on the track on it and when I switched to my GSX-R racebike, it took a couple of days to get used to those ergos.

Also, like any MV, adjustable aftermarket rearsets are a huge upgrade.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noneyet View Post
What are on now, and what will you change to?

Rear is a Pilot Power Race and the front is a Pilot Power One

They look completely shagged as they have been to a couple trackdays before I bought it.

Im going to the original Pilot Powers or maybe the C2T. Im quite fimiliar with those tires and they will work perfectly and are cheaper than the newer styles.

If it dosent feel light years better after the tire change, then I will have a 910R for sale...only 5k miles...

John
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Al-

you should also make sure your suspension isn't setup whacky. I had mine out in the country yesterday and it was the first time i really felt confident on it. As a result I was running away from everyone all day, though i'd prefer a bit more response on turn-in. There are LOTS of adjustments you can make to get it to handle how you want, the only difference between the brut and your previous F4s should be the ergos and the rake on the fork.

2004 F4 SPR F4RR Corsacorta Powered
2006 Brutale 910S
2012 F4 RR
2012 F4 RR
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al- View Post
you should also make sure your suspension isn't setup whacky. I had mine out in the country yesterday and it was the first time i really felt confident on it. As a result I was running away from everyone all day, though i'd prefer a bit more response on turn-in. There are LOTS of adjustments you can make to get it to handle how you want, the only difference between the brut and your previous F4s should be the ergos and the rake on the fork.
Agreed. Previous owner told me he paid the Ohlins suspension guy to adjust it while he was at a trackday. So, going with that, Im changing the tires so I can trust those, then a suspension adjustment if it feels no better.

I really REALLY wanna like this bike.

John

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode