910r with Power commander? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

910r with Power commander?

Hi all. is the anyone out there, who has successfully fitted a power commander to a 910r euro 3 brutale, as i am getting confusing reports as to wheather they work or not, Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
They don't...the o2 sensor is part of the problem. Changed polarity of the injector wiring another.

Ask DynoJet directly. Same issues with Ducatis...I think they may have addressed it with the PC V

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

Many thanks for the info, so if i were to de cat my 910r, would it run okay with no changes to ecu? Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippa55 View Post
Hi all. is the anyone out there, who has successfully fitted a power commander to a 910r euro 3 brutale, as i am getting confusing reports as to wheather they work or not, Andy
ok,this is how I see it ,the powercommander site only have maps for stock eprom,now we are talking about the pc5.yes you can put it on ,but at the end of the day its not going to make a lot of difference,now if they make a race ecu for your model or eprom not sure on this, other members will have more knowledge on this ,then yes it will work wonders down low on the rpm scale giving you much improved throttle response and smoother response all the way up,you need to disable the lambda sensor and the race ecu or eprom will do this,also once you have finished setting up your exhaust system take it to be dyno tuned,they will make your own personal map for your setup. am i CORRECT guys.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippa55 View Post
Many thanks for the info, so if i were to de cat my 910r, would it run okay with no changes to ecu? Andy
I had the 06 910R (with the race headers etc and ecu ),lots of fuelling issues,had a power commander fitted did not cure, so in 07 bought the 07 910R... now i had the open exhaust fitted to my new Brutale and i remember them having to wait a while for a new ECU.....so if you take out the sensor,i would think you need a new ECU as well,but cant remember exact details.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heno42666 View Post
I had the 06 910R (with the race headers etc and ecu ),lots of fuelling issues,had a power commander fitted did not cure, so in 07 bought the 07 910R... now i had the open exhaust fitted to my new Brutale and i remember them having to wait a while for a new ECU.....so if you take out the sensor,i would think you need a new ECU as well,but cant remember exact details.
are very good, so are we getting closer to the answer,ok maybe to much port tonight.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
The Euro3 requires a "race" ECU if you want to do away with the o2 sensor and Second Air system, etc....BUT, if you just get an exhaust with no Cat and install the o2 sensor the bike will run fine with the stock ECU...as long as you use stock muffler cans and air cleaner.

Using Arrow's mufflers or MV Corse mufflers or a "Thunder" exhaust will have you running a bit on the lean side with a lot of pop-bangs on decel....then you need to get the "kit" ECU....or a MicroTech!!!!

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 10:55 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs down PClll USB '08 910R?

here's my question to Power Commander and their response;

is there a PClll USB available for an '08 MV Agusta Brutale 910R? is there one for the IAW5SM Race ECU?....it deletes 02 sensing, thanks Noel

the response;

We do not have a Power Commander unit listed for this bike model.
Let me know if you have any further questions.
Regards,
Chris Kelly

Dynojet Research Inc.
2191 Mendenhall Dr. Suite 105
North Las Vegas, NV 89081

1-800-992-4993

next question will be;
do you have a PC that works with the WM IAW5SM ECU? since its on most of the Euro bikes?

i don't need their maps, i just need a PC that will work with the IAW5SM ECU

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post

is there a PClll USB available for an '08 MV Agusta Brutale 910R? is there one for the IAW5SM Race ECU?....it deletes 02 sensing, thanks Noel

the response;

Regards,
Chris Kelly

Dynojet Research Inc.

1-800-992-4993

next question will be;
do you have a PC that works with the WM IAW5SM ECU? since its on most of the Euro bikes?

why are you getting a pc111 for, when you can put on the pc5 I have the pc5 on my brutale 1078 with a race ecu.and I am pretty sure mine is the IAW5SM MARINELLI ecu.someone tell me if I am wrong.my bike runs so smooth its amazing.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 01:00 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs down PC lll or V?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post

the response;

Regards,
Chris Kelly

Dynojet Research Inc.

1-800-992-4993

Eddy;
if I go to PC >Products> PCV put in 910 Brutale it comes back with a PClll for years '06-7 only

i have the Race ECU IAW5SM, as do you, Power Commander doesn't understand my 2nd question

"is there one for the IAW5SM Race ECU?" pretty simple question isn't it?

i would much rather have software like Adam (Merc07) created for the 1.6 ECU, than another PClll, they are just primitive patches

i had one on my Aprilia RSVR, i put enough changes in to crash the PClll....fueling was excellent but it was those last few refinements that did it i have a datalogger but don't use it.....lambda meter and throttle indicator only

i have never seen a published PC map for the RSVR that was worth loading

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode