"New" Brutale 910S. Cooling overflow normal?? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

"New" Brutale 910S. Cooling overflow normal??

All,

The day before Father's day I drove 11 hours with my dad to pick up a 2008 910S with only 1,114 miles on it and I'm the excited and proud owner now. I picked it up Father's day and we brought it back 11 more hours. I rode it 300 miles on that Monday and I love it. I loosened up all the compression and damping settings since and cleaned and lubed the chain, which measures 11 mm instead of 9mm, so I guess I need to tighten it up a little, which I know how to do. Now to my question. I noticed the coolant looked a little low (my interpreting the mark) so I added some distilled water last night. I rode it 17 miles to work and when I parked it, it promptly puked a 1/2 a cup or so of coolant.... I had cleaned the cap/seating surface when I added water. Do you think this behavior is normal? Maybe the radiator cap spring is weak? I would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks for your input.

Tony

Last edited by liberiatolo; 07-07-2011 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Title change.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 09:28 AM

New Site Garage
Thumbs up +1

Hi Tony, and welcome to the forum.
Most common problem with the MV is guys overfilling the coolant, do not fill higher than LOW level. Brutales are not very prone to overheating like many F4's, so I think you probably added too much juice.
Word of advice, and I am sure you will get a few soon, stick to a decent coolant.
Another tip, do NOT over-tighten your chain OR the hub pinch bolts - this is very important.
Last bit, ride more and enjoy

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Dons,

Thanks for the advice. I have a good torque wrench and appreciate your advice. Since the coolant is pretty old, I'm going to flush it. Is there an "easy" way to do this? Any manual I can buy for maintenance like Bentley for my old BMW? Thanks again.

Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 11:57 AM

New Site Garage
Thumbs up

All the help is right here mate
http://my.agusta.us/
Just download, and have a party.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Sweet! Thanks.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Established Member

I had the same issue with my 910s spitting coolant. Once the coolant got toward the low side of mark, all was well.

Enjoy your new bike!

06 910S / Matris Damper / Arrow Mid Pipe / CRG Mirrors / Moto License Plate Relo & Bar Ends / Frame & Axle Sliders / Ohlins Rear Spring / 41 tooth rear sprocket / Custom Seat
03 HD V-Rod

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there"... George Harrison
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 11:19 PM
Established Member

+1. I've had the same issue and thought it was due to the climate. It's good to know this!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 12:35 AM

Weird thing is my 910s pissed coolant as well until it got to about the minimum level. I recently had the bike serviced and had them put some coolant in....the tech filled it up nearly to the tank's full capacity. I thought it was going to piss like crazy. Nope. It will piss a couple drop here and there but not pouring out. The bike isn't overheating and runs and cools fine. Strange.

Mike

2008 Brutale 910s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode