Buy this book-1st impressions of my 910 R - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Buy this book-1st impressions of my 910 R

Following five days of ownership, I finally took a ride, circa 15 miles. Let me begin, at the beginning. I am five foot and seven inches, a few extra pounds, and the riding position is great for me, though such comfort, and a feeling of well being while aboard, may be a stretch for the taller rider. I felt perfectly placed front to back, knees nicely pinned to the tank, by its cantilever design. It is very different from riding my first generation Tuono. The design of the Aprilia, forces me to remember to slide back to the end of the front seat, too much unused space in this case. Sharkskin might be a way to stay in place, counter the slippery fuel tank.

Brutale gearbox feels very close ratio, unlike any other cycle I've been on. It is by miles, the easiest bike on which to locate neutral. This is appreciated, as the clutch requires a stronger pull than I'm accustomed to, and the lever itself feels short to me. Would I like a clutch mod, maybe.

This 2007 turned 800 miles on the clock while I was out, therefor I didn't ride the snot out of it, I didn't exceed 6K RPM's. Race exhaust is mounted, offering a distinctive note. Idle is 1500, needs an adjust? On the highway the twin mirrors are a joke, in poor taste. Vibrations yielded a visual not unlike that of an acid trip gone bad. Letting these bikes out of the factory with this choice of mirrors is bizarre, try nuts...

A small point,but the CF appearance of these mirrors, and the chain guard, shouldn't be part of a 17995.00 MSRP product. No how, no way. My frame of reference is the extensive use of attractive carbon fiber, on the limited edition first generation Tuono's, also 18K MSRP's. Granted, that is 2003/04/05, and perhaps the dollar has eroded since, but there ought to be a middle ground for a manufacturer. There are a few photo's of a 2003 Tuono RSVR in the "other" brands classisfieds. All of the CF is tasteful, and makes this model unique, in appearance.

This Brutale appears to be a ride that I'll greatly enjoy for a long time. I've ordered a few things for it, little stuff, as the mod monkey hasn't landed square on my back/shoulders. I expect that I'll take it to a shop that's a ways away, and ask to set up the bike's suspension for me. There are testimonials for this shop here on the forum.

I bought the Brutale, without having ever seen one. Here's one time that eccentricity paid off for me

So Noneyet, named so because he had no MV Agusta in the garage when he joined the forum. Brutale 910 R has been sold, so now maybe he's "had one".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 11:11 PM

G'day mate, welcome to the forum. Did you purchase the bike second hand? Just sounds rather strange about the "poor quality" carbon fiber? Perhaps a chearper add on by a previous owner?

Post up some pictures of ya new pride and joy!

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life" #58

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran323 View Post
G'day mate, welcome to the forum. Did you purchase the bike second hand? Just sounds rather strange about the "poor quality" carbon fiber? Perhaps a chearper add on by a previous owner?

Post up some pictures of ya new pride and joy!

Bought from the original owner/ forum member. The chain guard, and mirrors aren't CF, they are designed to convey a CF appearance with one eye shut, the other eye peering through gauze.

Tomorrow for a few snapshots.

So Noneyet, named so because he had no MV Agusta in the garage when he joined the forum. Brutale 910 R has been sold, so now maybe he's "had one".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 12:56 AM

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noneyet View Post
Bought from the original owner/ forum member. The chain guard, and mirrors aren't CF, they are designed to convey a CF appearance with one eye shut, the other eye peering through gauze.

Tomorrow for a few snapshots.
I tend to agree with you here. I really dislike carbon effect parts too.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 12:44 PM

good job

enjoy, you will love it, change the parts you don't like. In my case this is only some minor things, the soul of the bike is amazing and makes you smile everytime you ride.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mz3boy View Post
enjoy, you will love it, change the parts you don't like. In my case this is only some minor things, the soul of the bike is amazing and makes you smile everytime you ride.
Agreed. I plan to swap out the stock mirrors with a pair of CRG ARROW mirrors. I bought these months ago for a different bike in the garage, long before the Brutale was a glimmer in my eye. The new 910 needs these more than the other motorcycle does. My handlebar cover up's should be here in a day or so, so cover the unsightly holes and all is well.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Big Randaddy

So, what are you going to do about your forum name now, since you now own a Brutie?

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randarosa View Post
So, what are you going to do about your forum name now, since you now own a Brutie?

Look at his signature line Randy....

John
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm2k3 View Post
Look at his signature line Randy....

All that wind buffetting recieved from riding a naked bike over a faired bike has perhaps knocked his noggin around a little too much?

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life" #58

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode