750 colour options - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Lancashire, UK
Posts: 18
750 colour options

Hi folks. I'm a new member so appologies if I am getting the etiquette wrong, but I REALLY would like an answer to a question and a search of the site brought up nothing relevant.

I would be grateful if anyone can answer if the factory did white 750S Brutales in 2004 - for ANY market? I just bought one such bike, it is claimed to be a one off bike. I figured it probably was a custom after market paint job (which I don't usually like but this one is different). Very close inspection leaves me thinking it probably DID leave the factory that colour, but I have never heard of any such colour option until 2010ish.

The bike has a plaque which says 1 of 1 on it in what looks like correct font etc, and it has several upgraded bits which could easily (if expensively) have been retro fitted and the back story does fit the registration history of a private import to the UK, but I still have my doubts.

I didn't pay any premium for it so I am not bothered but would really like to get the story confirmed or trashed just out of curiosity.
Attached Images
           

Last edited by chc-pr; 07-03-2011 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Add MORE pictures now I know it works
chc-pr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Sydney 910R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 867
Hi chc i also had a 750s in 2004 and what i got told and everything i read they were only available in Red, until the ltd editions came out, if your happy with the paint colour then leave it, if not you can always get it put back to original, is there anyway yuo can check with the dealer, or better still get the Vin and engine numbers and send the factory an email asking them whether or not it left the factory like that.

James
Sydney 910R is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 02:53 AM
The Dude
 
TokyoLunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 5,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by chc-pr View Post
Hi folks. I'm a new member so appologies if I am getting the etiquette wrong, but I REALLY would like an answer to a question and a search of the site brought up nothing relevant.

I would be grateful if anyone can answer if the factory did white 750S Brutales in 2004 - for ANY market? I just bought one such bike, it is claimed to be a one off bike. I figured it probably was a custom after market paint job (which I don't usually like but this one is different). Very close inspection leaves me thinking it probably DID leave the factory that colour, but I have never heard of any such colour option until 2010ish.

The bike has a plaque which says 1 of 1 on it in what looks like correct font etc, and it has several upgraded bits which could easily (if expensively) have been retro fitted and the back story does fit the registration history of a private import to the UK, but I still have my doubts.

I didn't pay any premium for it so I am not bothered but would really like to get the story confirmed or trashed just out of curiosity.

Got some pics? I'd be interested to see it. And the plaque.... and the parts, etc.....


'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada


Tokyo, Japan
TokyoLunch is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Lancashire, UK
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney 910R View Post
Hi chc i also had a 750s in 2004 and what i got told and everything i read they were only available in Red, until the ltd editions came out, if your happy with the paint colour then leave it, if not you can always get it put back to original, is there anyway yuo can check with the dealer, or better still get the Vin and engine numbers and send the factory an email asking them whether or not it left the factory like that.

James
I thought I would check here first because if it was a normal colour option then that is that.

The story was it was made for a factory employee as a one off. I was very scpetical but whatever the truth it looks absolutely stunning in white and it has been done VERY well. I am pretty sure if it was not a factory job then somone has been very thorough. There is a smal chip (about 1mm long) at the back of the tank cowl under the seat where the fixing bolt goes and that is showing white underneath too with not a hint of silver or red. There is no overspray anywhere and all inside panels appear to be originally white too.

I'll get some pictures today and put them up if I can work out how to do it.

I'll write to MV and let you know. If it is genuine I think I have will have been really lucky
chc-pr is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 12:02 AM
Senior Member
 
jwm2k3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Boston, MA. USA
Posts: 626
Nice plaque...lol

John
jwm2k3 is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 12:26 AM
Senior Member
 
fazer6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tempe, AZ, USA
Posts: 8,920
Seems well done, but rather doubtful it's factory.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
fazer6 is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 10:41 AM
The Dude
 
TokyoLunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 5,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm2k3 View Post
Nice plaque...lol

haha....no kidding!


'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada


Tokyo, Japan
TokyoLunch is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 11:16 PM
Senior Member
 
brutaleluke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,355
Send a message via Skype™ to brutaleluke
I would have thought the 'fucking white' would have been a dead give away?

BrutaleLuke

"A Tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep"
brutaleluke is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 11:47 PM
Old Wing Nut
 
esq'z me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 18,136
Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Looks really nice...custom paint job with some nice carbon and other bits.....not a factory special,but I like it!!!

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
esq'z me is online now  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 12:10 AM
Moderator
 
Donsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 22,055
New Site Garage
Smile lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutaleluke View Post
I would have thought the 'fucking white' would have been a dead give away?
I thought that is what I saw, just could not quite believe it Luke, I would say it was a private job for sure.
Attached Images
 

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Donsy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome