Calling all Autobots.... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 05:34 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Calling all Autobots....

I was hit by a car recently and broke my collar bone. However, that is not why I am writing you now. My insurance adjusters are having "difficulty" determining the value of my:

2004 MV Agusta
Brutale ORO

There are only 27 in the US and only 300 ever made. This is not a "KIT" bike. Rather, it is the only special edition Brutale to date. MSRP as I'm sure you have seen is ~29K and some change (That's in American Dollars).

Because of this accident a few pieces of the bike need to be replace, more on that later if you really want to know....long shitty story.

My adjuster has been calling non-stop to dealers that have never sold n ORO Brutale. A manager at some random shop said it's worth 14K. SERIOULSY A BRUTALE ORO IS NOT WORTH SO LITTLE. Keep in mind all the carbon fiber and Magnesium Alloy parts alone!! I told him " that is way under worth and I'm worried that this new value of about 14k will total out the bike when you seek repairs. Or in the future should and if a serious accident were to happen the bike value would be essentially approved at a prior date at only 14K.

I'm calling on you forum for your help! If you know anyone that knows the value of this bike to date, please post his thoughts. Anyone for that matter please chime in on how much you would pay personally, and how much you think it's worth assuming the right buyer is in waiting. The bike was bought 1 year ago, NEW with warranty from the KC international. I have about 1,200 miles on it or so. As some of you already know. I keep it in my living room with at battery trickle charger year round. Safe from the weather and sneaky neighborhood kids.

Please keep in mind: I'm using this a a means to generate variability in worth but such variability in worth that far supersedes the insultingly low initial appraisal.

And for those who remember me, I'm now back in school at the university of Kentucky as a second year grad student working on my PhD. in Anatomy and Neurobiology. My research focuses on Traumatic Brain Injury whose challenges I have personally treated and suffered from my combat experience in Iraq in 2005 as a Combat Medic. Blah Blah Blah....I just need help getting an idea on how much this is worth! Any ideas welcome, pic avail on request too.

Thank you all so much--you havent let me down yet!

Johnny

1989 Feber/Honda CS 6 Volt, 1.5mA
1972 Motomorni 50cc
2004 Kawasaki Ex 250
1997 Kawasaki ZX6R
2001 Kawasaki ZX6R
2006 Yamaha R6s
2004 MV Agusta Brutale Oro

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 05:53 AM
Big Randaddy

As you just recently bought the bike, can't you document the value based on what you paid? Furthermore, we all clamored over the bike and your purchase here when it was bought. Find the old thread, print it out, and show it to the adjuster.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 05:55 AM
Big Randaddy

Also, reference that the Barber museum has a twin to yours on display.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 05:57 AM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randarosa View Post
Also, reference that the Barber museum has a twin to yours on display.
http://gallery.mvagusta.net/image_db...seum/39920.jpg

http://gallery.mvagusta.net/image_db...seum/39922.jpg

http://gallery.mvagusta.net/image_db...seum/39921.jpg

Here you go.....

Last edited by Randarosa; 07-02-2011 at 06:01 AM.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 10:00 AM

If you bought it for $16k, 14 is probably generous.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 10:01 AM

Glad you're ok--hopefully the bike can be repaired, hate to see one less Oro.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 03:39 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
Sorry that I have no input as to as estimate of the value of the bike.
I'm just glad you are alive. This could have been a tragedy.

I did see a Brutie Oro in Michigan in 2006. New in it's crate at this dealership:
http://www.ttmducati.com/index.php?o...tact&Itemid=26
So they will have sold one and may have an opinion on it's current value.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Not one less oro! It still lives. As soon as I get the pictures, I'll show the damages. The frame sliders took it all (motovation did a great job). But the foot break scraped and pushed a nick in the magnesium frame, just aft of the tubular frame (have no idea what its called). Anyway, that piece was 3,700 $ alone. The CRC sticker fell off from the gas tank....very odd. And the SPU went berserk and melted. That was a manufacture's warranty fix. Had the magnesium frame not been removable they would have totaled the bike. The damage is literally the size of a finger nail clipping.

Ohh and the Veteran's Affairs (I'm a combat vet) canceled my surgery and I have a horrid protuberance projecting out of my shoulder. They didn't have "surgical time" for me. So I got a second opinion from University Healthcare and I was reprimanded for not going there first! Now I have to wait until the bone fuses completely (in an akward fashion) so it can be re-broken and set.

Anyway, Thank you for your input on the bike guys. I'll call that shop and send the adjuster the info on the barber museum. Oh, side note when I bought the bike for 16K; that was under a serious discount. My dear ole dad just got an '07 F4 from KC International and we became friends with Kemal (owner) while dad was undergoing cancer therapy. Dad, my brother, and I went to the shop often to get away. The same day I bought it, an offer was given for 20K. I know it sounds like BS but that's what happened.

I promise...pictures later. You'll be shocked at the damage, or lack thereof considering I was side swiped from behind on a one way street. Seriously, anyone who rides the street buy frame sliders.

1989 Feber/Honda CS 6 Volt, 1.5mA
1972 Motomorni 50cc
2004 Kawasaki Ex 250
1997 Kawasaki ZX6R
2001 Kawasaki ZX6R
2006 Yamaha R6s
2004 MV Agusta Brutale Oro

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 06:37 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
John is correct. I hate to burst your bubble but the fact that the suggested retail on that bike was $30000 6 years ago is irrelevant today. A 2004 Brutale 750 is worth around $4000. Yours is worth more because of the magnesium. No one cares or should care only 27 were imported. If all that is wrong is a scrape on the midframe plate, do the right thing and tell them that's all you want replaced. They will probably gladly replace that part. And a brake lever is $60.

Then you don't have to worry about the $14,000 which in my opinion, is likely the correct price for that bike.

There is a forum member here selling the magnesium frame plates for for about $1800 for both.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randarosa View Post
As you just recently bought the bike, can't you document the value based on what you paid? Furthermore, we all clamored over the bike and your purchase here when it was bought. Find the old thread, print it out, and show it to the adjuster.
Actually, I went back to your first thread where several of us suggested that you reconsider riding your investment bike at the risk of just such an accident. I am so sorry that you have suffered from this unfortunate incident.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode