What fits? From F4 to Brutale? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

What fits? From F4 to Brutale?

Do the headers from an F4 312 1078 fit a Brutale 1078. I know it is the same motor with a few internal differences, but is the exhaust pipes back to just before it splits off to the silencers match up. Several things on my bike say F4, I just wonder what else would work. Looking for upgrades on a few things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 07:35 PM

New Site Garage
Smile Not the headers

Because of the difference in oil filter location and oil cooler plumbing, the headers don't bit. You are right on the other point though, most other mechanical parts are interchange-able.
Long list but things like swing-arm and wheels, starters and waterpumps, etc.
It is almost easier to name what is not the same like radiator and oil coolers, ECU and tank, sidecovers and rear seats as well as sub-frame, handlebars and on some models the fork internals, complete exhaust system and headlight is different too etc.
I am sure a few guys will chip in and add some more to the list.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 07:45 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
not?

upper triple
throttle assembly and cables
front brake line
the clutch hose is probably too short on an F4

Donsy i think you got everything else

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Well the headers were at the top of my list of things I did want, not sure why full header sets from F4s without the Cat are popping up on Ebay, I need one for a Brutale. Ok, so new question. Say I get a de-cat mid pipe, find an exhaust guy who can weld, take off the Cat, and add the Corse Slip-on's, What is the difference between this and a full Corse Stainless system, (and the new ECU of course) are the Corse Headers a larger diameter?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 09:00 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
The full corse race system uses different headers and midpipe. The primary tubes are the same diameter as stock, but the collectors on the end of the headers are are longer necessitating a shorter midpipe. Most guys use the stock Brutale headers, aftermarket midpipe and off road slipons. That is the most common set up.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

But you can't on the 1078 because it is all welded. Sucks.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 09:45 PM

New Site Garage
Question Oi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchaplin4 View Post
But you can't on the 1078 because it is all welded. Sucks.
Are the headers on the Brule's also welded together ? I thought only on the F4's ? Learn something everyday.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Are the headers on the Brule's also welded together ? I thought only on the F4's ? Learn something everyday.
On '08s and up, yes.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 01:28 AM

they are welded ,read my other posts and all will be revealed,
just get a mid pipe and cut the cat out, slips straight in no bloody welding involved.cheers eddy ps:get yourself a race ecu,to disable the stupid lambda sensor.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 01:40 AM

This might help you ,On 29/05/2011 6:59 PM, Eddy Proietti wrote:
Hi John, I have no idea what is going on there, but any way hope to catch up with you, ok first off all you need to purchase a arrow mid pipe with lambda sensor provision. Next take of stock rear mufflers, undo the 2 holding bolts for the cat one each side .leave the bolts loose in there just for now. Get a piece of thin ply or cardboard and protect the radiator or thick rag whatever you have, now undo the header pipes. You might need a couple of mates to help, pull out the cat bolts, and move the front headers down, be careful you might have to muck around a bit to get them down.ok once out I will have to give you the correct cutting measurements which i will draw up for you, mine is perfect fit. On the back of the pipes near the 2 looking kind of rivets near the cat is a metal bracket you will have to grind this down with a 4 inch grinder, very easy to do, you will understand when i give you that measurement. Sorry almost forgot when you drop the cat have someone undo the lambda underneath. See if you can get to that first just make enough space and undo it.
My biggest concern was that the header pipes were not going to fit in the mid pipe, absolutely perfect fit no springs needed at all to hold everything together .this mod was easy and cheap and looks great, I will send you pics and cutting measurements, putting back together is easy, start with headers first, then mid pipe, then mufflers. Ok sound wise it is deeper ,i like it, horse power wise ? maybe better this is debatable as I have yet not used all the power of this bike, you may need to have the bike tuned again as mine was backfiring a lot, but i did buy this second hand and i reckon they had different pipes on it,2 small bumps on the radiator gave it away when they probably tried to pull the header pipes out, so you might be ok . anyway John if you are not feeling comfortable doing this come down for a visit and i will help you, i have all the tools and a 3 bay garage. I live at cashmere.ps: just put on a powercommander 5 ,will have this dynotuned in july by ozracing.biz,corbin seat arrives on the 10 july,crg arrow mirrors coming this week with blanks for the clutch and brake levers.bloody hell can not help myself.
Cheers eddy
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode