Finally bought a B4 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Finally bought a B4 and little disappointed

Well bought a 1078RR I was happy at first but now alittle disappointed, took it for the first ride and found out the handle bars are bent little and the rear sub frame is bent, I don't know if the seller new or not but either way I'm out more money.

Last edited by mrdon003; 06-18-2011 at 03:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 04:33 PM

darn, bummer. Get it fixed up though (call CAG, aka Carl), and you'll love it again.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 05:26 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs down disappointed?

mrdon003;
take it right back to who ever you bought it from, and show them.....they hid the damage from you, ask if they'd like to fix it right or go to court

bet they tossed the damaged bar ends/levers rear plastic too

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 10:49 PM

Just recieved my 910R after buying it sight unseen, long distance. Headlight is coming apart and lense is cracked from stone coming up and hitting it. This was never dilvulged. Happy with bike and price, however the $575 shipping and now the cost of entire new headlight assembly make it a little less attractive.

I found the stock bars too high for me, so I went down to local Ducati dealer and purchased a handelbar for a Monster S4R, they had it in stock! Im sure theres someone here who has a subframe and bars to help you out.

Good luck! I hope you enjoy the bike, as you will forget the bad things once they are fixed and you are out in the wind!

John
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 05:27 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
I have a subframe. How about $20? Bars I have also, they are a little more.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
I have a subframe. How about $20? Bars I have also, they are a little more.

Carl's a good guy

joe
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 06:49 AM

Didn't you check the bike first?
Anyway, unless you got a killer deal that still makes it worth it, you should (or at least try to) revogue the deal and get your money back.
If that doest' work or you want to keep the baike anyway accept Carl's kind offer, but first of all make sure that the rear subframe and handle bars are the "only" things bent on that bike
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 07:52 AM

I PM,ed Noel this last night.
I just want to set it straight and in the open as I am.

I sold him the bike with full disclosure of the drop and passed on all the parts that were replaced to him.
I must have put about 3 to 400 miles on it after the maybe 15 mpr drop and did not feel any difference in the bike. I even gave him a set of boots and a gal of 10w60 and filter after we agreed upon the price. Not to mention feeding him. I don`t know how he came to the conclusion of anything being bent without having some method of measuring. Also I have not mentioned that I did remove the pin to the left lever in order to get more visibility out of the mirror, so if it was sighted from the side that would appear off. The first that I have heard any of this has been now on this forum 2 weeks after the sale.
Kind regards Chris

Every part I ever bought came with that bike that filled a very large box. I only wish if Don felt there was a problem after the purchase that he had contacted me directly and not to cause a public scene.
Chris.

B750 and B1078 RR both gone now.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."~Mark Twain
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 08:38 AM

[quote= I only wish if Don felt there was a problem after the purchase that he had contacted me directly and not to cause a public scene.
Chris.[/quote]

Sorry but +1. Unless he didn't know you were both forum members.

BMW s1000rr:
2006 mv 1000 nero 3/21(sold)
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 08:57 AM

New Site Garage
Thumbs down

I'm with Chris on this one, better talk about it with each other B4 throwing it out in public.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode