920 brutale build quality - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

920 brutale build quality

i sit here writing this feeling really depressed. i took delivery of a matt black 920 brutale on saturday. i was the proudest guy in the street for about an hour. went to fill up with petrol for the first time,splashed a little on the tank and the glue melted on the left hand decal. the seat moves around a hell of a lot when in the locked position and to me the build quality is closer to chineese than japaneese. i now understand what road testers mean when they say mv's evoke strong emotions. mine went from happiness,pride and smugness to anger,frustration,depression and self loathing for buying it in the first place. didnt expect that! anyone else had any similar issues? in my opinion they should spend less on fancy riders welcome packs and concentrate more on build quality and giving value for money. should have bought a jap bike or blew the ten grand on booze and whores!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 08:00 PM

Welcome.

This isn't the correct place on the forum for this kind of issue, but I'd recommend starting by talking to your dealer instead of posting MV bashes on an MV site.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 11:18 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Alvin, maybe you can move this to the right place. Tim....wow....sorry to hear that, totally the opposite of my experience. Like Fazer said, talk to the dealer....doesn't seem right to me.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 11:52 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim8068 View Post
i sit here writing this feeling really depressed. i took delivery of a matt black 920 brutale on saturday. i was the proudest guy in the street for about an hour. went to fill up with petrol for the first time,splashed a little on the tank and the glue melted on the left hand decal. the seat moves around a hell of a lot when in the locked position and to me the build quality is closer to chineese than japaneese. i now understand what road testers mean when they say mv's evoke strong emotions. mine went from happiness,pride and smugness to anger,frustration,depression and self loathing for buying it in the first place. didnt expect that! anyone else had any similar issues? in my opinion they should spend less on fancy riders welcome packs and concentrate more on build quality and giving value for money. should have bought a jap bike or blew the ten grand on booze and whores!
Not good to be left with this experience after buying a new MV.

Let's hope not MV has lowered the quality to much of their new bikes too much to save money.
A MV buyer is above average picky when it comes to the appearance of their bike.

Will you give us some examples of what you are not happy with. (Pictures).

Brutale 910R Hydrogen
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And White bullet
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 01:11 AM

Sad to hear this , try to get it sorted as quick as possible.If you leave the bike at the dealer and say i won,t ride it anymore till i get a serious answer that will make them think twice.Hope it works out well for you.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 03:00 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to brutaleluke
Very sorry to hear this for you, however, I am actually not that surprised...think about the history, announcement and timelines for the 920 - if MV were going to cut corners in order to generate some market buzz - the Brutale 920 is the product. Sorry to break that to you...but most brands have a 920 'like' product.

BrutaleLuke

"A Tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep"

Last edited by brutaleluke; 06-17-2011 at 03:05 AM.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 04:08 AM

New Site Garage
Simply unacceptable - I'd be having some serious discussions with the Dealer.

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 09:06 AM
Established Member

I'd be interested in seeing the pictures or video of the issues. Any other 920 owners out there and seeing similar issues?

Curious if this is just a single instance of bad luck or something indicative of the new model.

Keep us updated as you talk to your dealer.

06 910S Brutale
97 Ducati Monster 750 (sold)
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVAbrute910 View Post
I'd be interested in seeing the pictures or video of the issues.
Yeah, this and what "glue melted on the left hand decal".
Glue? Left hand decal? On the tank?
The seat is not properly fit? How come? If that's the case it's probably a poor pre-delivery inspection from the dealer than MV itself.
Anyway how's the dealer you've bought the bike from?
All this is too strange to be honest.
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 11:28 AM

New Site Garage
Question +10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R View Post
Yeah, this and what "glue melted on the left hand decal".
Glue? Left hand decal? On the tank?
The seat is not properly fit? How come? If that's the case it's probably a poor pre-delivery inspection from the dealer than MV itself.
Anyway how's the dealer you've bought the bike from?
All this is too strange to be honest.
Not even Ford or Hyandai is this bad, pictures please !!!

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode