Another Stalling / Shut off issue 2006 Brutale 910s - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Thanks for the input guys, appreciate it! Ill try a couple things and let you know soon what the results are
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Established Member

I had the same issues with my bike last week and found it to be a fuel line inside the tank had become loose. Once this happens the fuel pressure drops and the bike stalls.

I had the hoses and clamps inside the tank replaced and a tune up.

It runs like a totally different bike now, it's excellent.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 05:46 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Just curious, how much did it cost you? Im assuming you took it in to agusta?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 06:05 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrecov View Post
Just curious, how much did it cost you? Im assuming you took it in to agusta?

I have only had the bike for a month, so it was covered under the basic warranty. I took it back to the dealer / workshop.

They are not exclusive MV, bit of a mixed bag of exotic bikes.

My bike had failed to start one day after many times stalling the previous days.

This might be a common problem, the mechanic took one look and listen and automatically assumed what the problem was.

I have been for a good long ride today and it is like a whole new bike, never stalled and smooth as babies bum.

Good luck
Mark
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 09:52 AM
Al-

So far on mine I have replaced the plugs and fuel filter, tidied up the emissions, balanced the throttles and set the tps, cleaned the air filter and everything else I could think of to do in terms of maintenance. It still stalled a few times with all that until I set the tps. The idle seems a lot smoother and it hasn't stalled since then.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 05:09 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
So i have noticed that if i do not warm her up before riding, she stalls, but when i do i have no problems at all... I havnt done anythin else and she stoped doing it, also i read around the net and here on a diff thread that riding more aggresively (which ive been doing) also rebreaks the bike in (it was sitting in garage for a while before i got it) and its been better, only one stall...
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Established Member

Last week, my 750 began to twitch at 3-5000 rpm, all over 5000 works great, although my wingman said that behind me can smell the fuel.
On Friday, the authorized seviser done: checking the spark plugs, ignition coil, the diagnostic device tested working injectors, fuel pump, TPS, then cleaned throttle body, air filter, changed fuel filter, made ​​of cylinders synchronization ... yet there is no obvious reason for such behavior.
The next step is to ultrasonically clean the injectors and checking how much pressure they can keep, because the problem appeared suddenly after filling up at a gas station of questionable quality, and according to service it is possible that something is passed through the fuel filter and is now preventing the full closure of the injector.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 10:54 AM
Site Sponsor

FYI - I am a bit puzzled on some of these issues. Whilst we can resolve most of them often the customer is still not overly satisfied. Not through us not doing anything, just due to the problem and not getting it to a stanrd they want - and also should have. I have sent off an email tonight to the factory tech I met there who is a great guy and very knowledgable. I have tried to refine to issue to the examples where we just cant quite eliminate the issue. I have raised a heap of scenarios and options. I will put up a response when I get one which I am sure will be soon as to be honest, whilst a little slow and for want of a better term a `little italian' I have found the factory to be interested and wanting to engage riders and issues. For us it is important as we have spent a lot of time - and a lot of customers money, trying to rectify some of these bugs, most of them are actuallt really straight forward, but the odd one pops up from time to time.

I will update with any news.

j
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Established Member

As we assumed - ultrasonic cleaning the injectors has solved all the problems, because the injectors are leaking fuel even when they were in the "closed" position.

The symptoms for which we have come to this conclusion.

1st At high revs the engine is running well but still feel the smell of fuel.
2nd At low revs 3000-5000 twitches and sometimes it comes to ignition of fuel in the muffler.
3rd On the vacuum ports for synchronizing a few drops of fuel.
4th The engine on idle is normal, turn it off and then does not want to run but the spark plugs are wet with fuel, although a normal spark.
5th Complete electrical diagnostics showed no problem.

Congratulations to an employee in the service who had assumed what the problem is !!
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 03:31 AM

So...after much mucking about, head scratching and general frustration I am finally getting to a satisfactory conclusion with the 2005 Brutale 750. As it turns out, the main issue with diagnosing and rectifying the problems was due to the compounded effects of multiple failures, as follows:

* Injector to cylinder 1 had worn thru the plug surround, this was causing intermittent failure of the injector and thus leaving the bike running on three cylinders. While only momentary to begin with, the crack had been getting worse, causing the bad fueling to occur more often.
* ECU/Eprom was limiting the fuel pressure to the throttle bodies. Not noticeable as an issue as the faulty injector was masking how much fuel the bike should have been getting. This required reflash and reinstallation.
* TPS with an intermittent issue. Would work fine at cold start, but appears to hunt up and down once at operating temperature.
* Fuel maps waaaay too rich

There are a few minor things I'm still expecting to do with the bike such as a new battery, etc. But at least the bike seems to be behaving itself now.

It just goes to show that assuming there's just one issue that's causing stalling or bad running can be a recipe for disappointment.

While beautiful and punchy, unfortunately it seems these bikes weren't gifted with the most fail safe electrical systems, highest quality plastics or with appropriate fuel maps out of the factory, and these can cause all sorts of havoc, either by themselves or in a domino effect.

Good luck....

I'm a rider

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode