SW-MOTECH Gascap mounted tankbag for the 910R - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 05:07 AM Thread Starter
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
SW-MOTECH Gascap mounted tankbag for the 910R

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...tview/1859/16/

i'm going to have this "installed" this coming saturday morning

they are the ONLY company to make an adapter for the MV....

MV Agusta 5-screw gascaps
F4-1000, '06-
F4 Senna, '06-
910 Brutale, '06-

yes, this leaves a SMALL RING around the gascap when the bag is off...

but, the magnetic mount is one of the most simple
i really worry that the "look" of the flat tank will be "altered"
but....
it is an easily-reversible move on my part

any thoughts?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 09:29 AM

I saw this bag a couple of days ago on the internet and was very interested in it. My huge concern with it was how hard is it to engage the locking mechanism and if there was any potential to scratch the take while trying to engage it. Please report your findings.

Bike History:
'88 Ninja 250 > '92 GSXR-600 > '01 YZF-R1 > '06 Brutale + '07 Customized VTX-1300
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spalding12

F4-1000, '06-
F4 Senna, '06-
910 Brutale, '06-
The Monster has exactly the same gas cap as the MV, so if you find another one made for Monster and you think it would do you better, go for it...

...so now you have to spend some more time looking around the net ...sorry about that Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbcomputers
I saw this bag a couple of days ago on the internet and was very interested in it. My huge concern with it was how hard is it to engage the locking mechanism and if there was any potential to scratch the take while trying to engage it. Please report your findings.
it will be installed at 8am on saturday morning
i'll get back to everyone after that time

i have the Marsee 20L Mr. Pockets bag with the more sophisticated magenetic "twist" mount on my BMW..... they don't make a mount for the MV

only THIS company does
Marsee bags are a MILLIONS times BETTER Quality and MORE useful
but...
there is nothing i can do about this here

i talked to MR. Marsee himself.... he answers in tennessee when you call them (amazing, huh?)
no plans for them to make it yet.... too small a market.... too little a return on the "investment" of making the SMALLER MOUNT

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 09:34 AM

Quote:

F4-1000, '06-
F4 Senna, '06-
910 Brutale, '06-

yes, this leaves a SMALL RING around the gascap when the bag is off...

but, the magnetic mount is one of the most simple
i really worry that the "look" of the flat tank will be "altered"
but....
it is an easily-reversible move on my part

any thoughts?

Looks great Greg. Thanks for the info on that bag. Looks really nice and te ring is almost imperceptible. Should be no problem and those bags come in quite handy as the Brutale has such a small "trunk".

Question...

Does the bag contact (rub) the tank or does the bag have a stiff bottom like the Marsee Corona so the bag "floats" above the tank to avoid rubbing?

BTW, I don't think SW-Motech is the ONLY company that makes this sort of a bag for the MV's. The Marsee Corona is designed for the Ducatis and those bags will fit MV's as the gas cap ring/ bolt pattern is the same.

That said, it looks like some pros and cons for each.

The SW is smaller and lower at the back. That may reduce the amount of "interference" with the rider's body, making that bag more comfortable.

But... that also means the bag has less capacity than the Marsee which may be a problem for some.

But... due to the positioning of the mounting ring on the Marsee, the bag sits rearward on the tank and this rearward position combined with the lage size makes the Marsee bag's comfort less than ideal.

Unfortunate because the Brutale has plenty of room forward of the gas cap and anything behind the cap could cause interference with the rider's body...

From the photos of the SW, it looks like it's the same situation. The tank moung bracket can't be reversed due to interference with the gas cap in the open position, but can the bottom mount on the SW bag be spun around so the bag's position can be reversed relative to the tank?

I'd buy one if that were the "case"....

Thanks, Greg. Keep us posted.

Last edited by emmvee; 10-12-2006 at 09:42 AM.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Pimp of posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmvee
Looks great Greg. Thanks for the info on that bag. Looks really nice and te ring is almost imperceptible. Should be no problem and those bags come in quite handy as the Brutale has such a small "trunk".

Question...

Does the bag contact (rub) the tank or does the bag have a stiff bottom like the Marsee Corona so the bag "floats" above the tank to avoid rubbing?

BTW, I don't think SW-Motech is the ONLY company that makes this sort of a bag for the MV's. The Marsee Corona is designed for the Ducatis and those bags will fit MV's as the gas cap ring/ bolt pattern is the same.

That said, it looks like some pros and cons for each.

The SW is smaller and lower at the back. That may reduce the amount of "interference" with the rider's body, making that bag more comfortable.

But... that also means the bag has less capacity than the Marsee which may be a problem for some.

But... due to the positioning of the mounting ring on the Marsee, the bag sits rearward on the tank and this rearward position combined with the lage size makes the Marsee bag's comfort less than ideal.

Unfortunate because the Brutale has plenty of room forward of the gas cap and anything behind the cap could cause interference with the rider's body...

From the photos of the SW, it looks like it's the same situation. The tank moung bracket can't be reversed due to interference with the gas cap in the open position, but can the bottom mount on the SW bag be spun around so the bag's position can be reversed relative to the tank?

I'd buy one if that were the "case"....

Thanks, Greg. Keep us posted.
well
many questions to be answer

1. the bolt pattern of the ducatis and mvs is NOT the same
that is what i had thought
but, it is NOT so

so....
this is the ONLY floating bag made now for MV that i know of

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Pimp of posts

this sw bag is not that good
i LOVE marsee
and i wish i could have the marsee 11 LITER for the mv
but....
that is NOT a possibility at this point

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 12:42 PM

Quote:
so....
this is the ONLY floating bag made now for MV that i know of
Not so. See luggagelocker.com for a similarly mounted tankbag. IIRC, at least one guy on the (now defunct) BrutaleForum site used this system.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Pimp of posts

hmmmmm
thanks for that link
excellent
i really appreciate that

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 01:23 PM
Established Member

Send a message via AIM to curi0usmind
There was also someone else from the Brutaleforum that had the same type of bag, designed for a different bike as well. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe it was originally from his R6. (same bolt pattern)

Live to Ride

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode