Slippery Pegs GONE!!! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Slippery Pegs GONE!!!

In the quest for more foot to peg traction under hard riding I ordered the Oberon Racing Pegs. I already heard of reports that the weren't going to fit right out of the box on the Brutale so I was prepared for some work. Upon inspection the part that fits into the rearset was 2mm too wide so I basically took a Dremel to it and shaved off 1mm off each side. Took about 2 hours to get them down, I took my sweet time testing and measuring frequently so I wouldn't take off too much by accident. With the Oberon pegs fitted it wasn't as slippery as the stock pegs and they were also longer for more leverage. But I still wasn't satisfied with the amount of traction they gave. I then took the peg off of an old set of Lockhart V-1M pegs I had from my old R1. Too my total amazement they fit on the Oberon connector like it was made for it. The Lockhart pegs are MUCH better than the Oberon racing pegs and I'm totally satisfied with this setup. Here's the pics, the last one is the Oberon peg. Enjoy

Bike History:
'88 Ninja 250 > '92 GSXR-600 > '01 YZF-R1 > '06 Brutale + '07 Customized VTX-1300

Last edited by dumbcomputers; 10-11-2006 at 11:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 12:59 AM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
very nice job!!!

I am into DIY mods like this and know how exciting it is when you can make something work...

congrats!

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 05:12 AM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
yes...
now THIS is a useful modification
i LOVE my Brutale, but the stock pegs are some of the worst designed in the history of the motorcycle industry (what were they thinking?)

your change here will pay huge dividends
thanks for the great pictures as well

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"

Last edited by spalding12; 10-12-2006 at 05:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 08:15 AM

looks nice, but the problem is that those pegs fold up!!

I wonder if you came up with a good way to make fotpegs solid mounted.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 08:17 AM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks9mm
looks nice, but the problem is that those pegs fold up!!

I wonder if you came up with a good way to make fotpegs solid mounted.
but the stock pegs fold UP on a spring.... like all pegs... don't they? (i'm at work now)... solid-mounting would NOT be a good idea, would it?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spalding12
but the stock pegs fold UP on a spring.... like all pegs... don't they? (i'm at work now)... solid-mounting would NOT be a good idea, would it?
race-style rearsets are solid mount. They can act as a type of frame slider in some cases rather than folding up.

Jack
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 08:47 AM
Pimp of posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladio
race-style rearsets are solid mount. They can act as a type of frame slider in some cases rather than folding up.
thank you for the education..... i really appreciate it

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 08:51 AM

Also, solid mounts are better for high speed riding, they give you more control and feel.

I bought Brutale as a street bike, yet I find myself researching race type upgrades to it... taking it to the track and all...what's wrong with me???!?!?!?
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks9mm
Also, solid mounts are better for high speed riding, they give you more control and feel.

I bought Brutale as a street bike, yet I find myself researching race type upgrades to it... taking it to the track and all...what's wrong with me???!?!?!?
I've used both solid pegs and folding pegs many times throughout my riding carear and don't see much difference between them. The main difference is that solid mount pegs are typically more "racey" (more machining and groves) and usually offer more traction than their folding counterparts.

Bike History:
'88 Ninja 250 > '92 GSXR-600 > '01 YZF-R1 > '06 Brutale + '07 Customized VTX-1300
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 09:20 AM

If there's something wrong with you...I must have the same disease...!!!! Some one call a doctor...!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode