1090 Brutale running rich? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 06:21 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to psycho16161
1090 Brutale running rich?

Gday all, Started my brute yesterday but I forgot to give it some choke. It was pretty cold & bike had been in the garage all night but it started instantly & idled fine. Warmed up by itself while I geared up, ran great, smooth & powerful so its not really a problem just got me thinking maybe its too rich which would explain the pretty poor mileage which seems normal for these bikes. PC5 with custom map might make it even better, any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 08:48 AM
Established Member

Psych, since i changed exhaust to the MV Agusta Corse "OL4" Full Exhaust and race ecu, the bike starts right up without choke. I did notice a lil drop in MPG but nothing that is concerning to me. Be follwoing your thread to see where it goes. Good Day!

Frank
2010 MV 1090 Brutale
2012 HD CVO Ultra
2000 HD Ultra (Sold)
2005 MV F4 (Sold)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 10:04 AM

New Site Garage
They all run rich, std or race ECU. MV wants just to be on the safe side. so they just run coolish.

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 01:04 PM

Choke...

The choke isn't a choke as such, its just a fast idle, the mixture is richened automatically when cold by the ECU, in any case if you have the standard manifold the Lambda sensor will make sure the bike isn't running rich as it makes the ECU lean off the fueling.

K1300R
Diavel
Pushbike
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to psycho16161
Kinda makes you wonder why hey bothered putting a choke on it at all. Nice one Billy, cheers.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 08:59 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
The Fast Idle lever (aka choke) may be needed when ambient temps are really cold, but even then not for long. Most EFI engines have a fast idle system, some manual (old technology) some automatic (most current Jap bikes). At really cold temps, like in the 30s F, the auto systems have shut off after 20 seconds.

The beauty of EFI, the computer regulates fuel mixture, not a bunch of fixed size holes like carb jets.

If the engine is tuned well it should start and idle fine with no fast idle required until you get into the low 40s F or so.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 03:27 PM

No issues starting the bike so far in the morning. Ambient here around 24 degrees.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 07:00 PM
cus

Both mine start straight up with out ("choke") fast idle, -3C the other day and still no drama.Just another knob to play with.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 07:30 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs down ECUs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Most EFI engines have a fast idle system, some manual (old technology) some automatic (most current Jap bikes). At really cold temps, like in the 30s F, the auto systems have shut off after 20 seconds.

Ed do any of the Jap bikes use IAC stepper motors for idle speed or are they still stuck in the '80s like MV and Ducati

The beauty of EFI, the computer regulates fuel mixture, not a bunch of fixed size holes like carb jets.
Ed hopefully you are referring to the typical garbage that comes on bikes........don't forget the jets reference the real word, whats going though the carb

car carbs reference manifold vacuum and use tapered needles connected to vacuum pistons and have counterweighted air valves to control flow......
most, injected bikes don't reference MAP
manifold vacuum tells you the load on the motor, that's why cars have MAP sensors

look at at the people trying to set idle speed on the MicroTec.......

WITH advance and fuel???????? maybe they should regulate the air, write an ignition map using rpm and MAP like the ones that worked on Otto cycle motors for the last 100+ years

think that might work? everybody else makes it work.....on cars

do i have an ECU that senses MAP, sets idle, reads 02, runs open or closed loop when you want it to and only requires a different MAP sensor if you want to turbo it.....and even has a separate waterproof power switch so you can program with the key off and not run the battery down
there are extra drivers for secondary injectors and nitrous too, its from the '80s

yes!

it doesn't have ignition though

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode